HTC Will Have a Press Event November 3rd; Official Rezound Announcement Likely

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-invite-rezound.jpg

HTC recently shared that they will be having a press event on November 3rd at 3PM in New York City. No details about what will happen at the event were given, but the easy speculation is that it will be the official announcement of the HTC Rezound (HTC Vigor) flagship phone. Most of the industry rumor suggests that the actual device will launch on November 10th, so this logic bears up well. Interestingly, that date is also the same date the Motorola Droid RAZR and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus were rumored to launch. This means that November 10th could be a day of difficult decisions for Verizon customers. As a recap, the Rezound has some amazing specs:
  • 4.3-inch HD display
  • 1.5GHz dual-core processor with 1GB of RAM
  • 8-megapixel camera
  • Beats Audio technology
No word yet on whether ICS will be on the Rezound at launch, but more than likely that won't be the case. One reason is obviously because the Galaxy Nexus should be launching on or around the same day, and needs to be the first phone with Android 4.0. The other is that some industry rumors suggest that HTC is having some trouble porting their newest version of Sense UI to Ice Cream Sandwich. We will keep you informed as more details emerge.

Source: DroidMatters

Last edited:

loki993

Reaction score
Tough choice indeed. I'm interested in what actual processor its running, I'm assuming its a snapdragon and what GPU. Leaning towards this phone right now.

shortie43506

Reaction score
All of the pictures of the Rezound now show colored backs. Are those cases or are we going to have a choice of 3 different colored backings?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The renderings of the Rezound that you have been seeing are just renderings showing the phone with (optional) hard cases on them.

screaminz2002

Reaction score
So unless you are an HTC fan, what does this bring to the table over the Razr and Nexus? Just doesn't seem to be a lot of hype around it. I know beats stuff is really expensive but have never tried it out. Is there something more to it then just refined audio?

drtnsnw

Reaction score
It brings Sense 3.x Thats enough for me to go that way. I have played with a couple of Moto's and a sammy and the HTC is so much more refined feeling than the others. I don't care about beats but a monster HTC/sense will be awsome!!!

Chris