Galaxy Nexus Coming Out November 10th?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Tech specs aside, the RAZR has the thin factor going for it. Putting aside rational / logical thought, the average person walking into Verizon wants a phone that is fast, looks pretty and is light/thin/"cool" to show off to friends. While we (as tech geeks) know what the Nexus is from a possibility standpoint, most users will look at the RAZR and think "oooh cool, it's so thin! And I LOVED my old RAZR! I'll get this one." The Nexus looks very similar to the previous Galaxy S series devices, and a lot like an iPhone (to the average consumer).

Of course, these same people might look at "Android 4.0" vs. "Android 2.3.x" and immediately assume "oh, this RAZR is old, I want the newer one."

For me... RAZR. I'm not a developer, and got all of the ROM-flashing out of my system during the first year or so with my OG Droid. Now I just want a phone that runs flawlessly without crashing on important things like phone calls and corporate email. I'll take the thinner, tough-as-nails form factor of the Moto over the "customization" of the Nexus since I'm not going to be screwing with the phone any more.

It's not mostly the rom'ing factor that attracts me to the Nexus, but more so the OTA update factor. Nexus phones are updated rapidly, and it will always be nice to know that for the most part, I will be running the "latest and greatest" from Google. In addition, the Nexus series is considered the epitome of Android, and that is what I want. I want how Android was initially intended to be, without bloatware and off-the-wall color schemes. I consider the rom'ing factor simply a benefit, not a reason to buy the phone. Having the choice to load roms will at the very least keep my phone tolerable during my contract period. That's why, in my opinion, it is a win-win. You've got the choice to have the latest from Google or the ability to load a plethora of custom roms to your liking.

Slipstream

Reaction score
It's not mostly the rom'ing factor that attracts me to the Nexus, but more so the OTA update factor. Nexus phones are updated rapidly, and it will always be nice to know that for the most part, I will be running the "latest and greatest" from Google. In addition, the Nexus series is considered the epitome of Android, and that is what I want. I want how Android was initially intended to be, without bloatware and off-the-wall color schemes. I consider the rom'ing factor simply a benefit, not a reason to buy the phone. Having the choice to load roms will at the very least keep my phone tolerable during my contract period. That's why, in my opinion, it is a win-win. You've got the choice to have the latest from Google or the ability to load a plethora of custom roms to your liking.

I think people are discounting Moto too quickly, given the recent acquisition by Google. I wouldn't be shocked to see Google loosen the reigns on Motorola handsets once the deal is 100% complete. What then? Now suddenly Googarola's devices might be unlocked and rapidly updated as well. The fact that ICS is destined for the RAZR as soon as it is suggests this could be possible.

While I understand the bloatware, most of it can be replaced / hidden / removed with different applications or skins. Since most people who tinker with the phone will do that to their Nexus phones anyway, what difference does it make? Especially if the RAZR is expandable through a memory card (plenty of room for apps beyond the crap preloaded by Moto/VZW).

I'm not saying people should buy the RAZR over the Nexus; I just think the RAZR deserves a LOT more respect than its getting from the Android community.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think people are discounting Moto too quickly, given the recent acquisition by Google. I wouldn't be shocked to see Google loosen the reigns on Motorola handsets once the deal is 100% complete. What then? Now suddenly Googarola's devices might be unlocked and rapidly updated as well. The fact that ICS is destined for the RAZR as soon as it is suggests this could be possible.

While I understand the bloatware, most of it can be replaced / hidden / removed with different applications or skins. Since most people who tinker with the phone will do that to their Nexus phones anyway, what difference does it make? Especially if the RAZR is expandable through a memory card (plenty of room for apps beyond the crap preloaded by Moto/VZW).

I'm not saying people should buy the RAZR over the Nexus; I just think the RAZR deserves a LOT more respect than its getting from the Android community.

I have been wondering the same...with Google and Moto...the phones should be a Ios nightmare....woohoo..no offense ios...but google is up to being a fighter..lol

You juss been TAPPED! by the drummer
LIQUID 3.0 or Anything but Stock!!!!
<><>-------------------PEACE---------------------<><>

doublea500

Reaction score
i dont trust this map. the razr period starts at 10/27 in this map when the official announcement for it is that it is coming in early november. unless ofcourse if this is the price to preorder.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The tenth is OK by me. Would prefer tomorrow though...

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
The tenth is OK by me. Would prefer tomorrow though...

I'm trying to make this happen Jsm...Hope soon you and I will be Flashing Nexus style!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;tvYpjfUdDBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvYpjfUdDBs[/video]

7:30 vzw pay attention...other carriers are allowing us to remove bloatware.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to make this happen Jsm...Hope soon you and I will be Flashing Nexus style!!

If I get this device...I'm going to invest in a site..I will open it as a forum for parts and help for any device but, specially for whichever one I get...I will offer tools and training for people to do what I do...And we can all learn from each other...Right now these dual cores are gonna be somewhat fun to work on...(Of course) in the sense of the whole unit itself...The bionic wasn't quite as scary looking as I thought..but its getting to be even more patience requiring to open these machines up and play...lol

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

That is the plan buddy. I have not been pumped for a single device since I bought my D1, until now that is.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is the plan buddy. I have not been pumped for a single device since I bought my D1, until now that is.

Haha me too!!

chewy74

Reaction score
If this doesn't drop by the end of Nov I'm probably going to get the razr

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If this doesn't drop by the end of Nov I'm probably going to get the razr

Agreed. I will wait a bit TO COMPARE the Nexus, but more than a few weeks I'm not 100% sure I'm going to get it anyway. If it's more than a few weeks longer than the RAZR, I'll just pull the trigger on the RAZR I think.