Galaxy Nexus Coming Out November 10th?

xandor

Reaction score
I'm glad that Big Red finally admitted it, but I just wish they'd announce a date. Looks like I'm getting the 32 gig version since it appears to have no micro sd card slot....

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I have to laugh at the bloggers who were trolling for hits spreading rumors that VZW somehow wasn't going to get this.
Will be interesting to see how this does vs. the RAZR. If you don't root or flash roms, main reason for the Nexus I see is the camera and probably the screen (it's pentile, but HD so we will see how amazing it really looks). RAZR is Moto (which has a reputation for build quality and, you know, actual phone call quality) with the removable SD and additional storage. I expect the RAZR to get ICS in 2-3 months.
I'm a bit torn myself with which one to get. Only playing in the store will probably help me decide.
Tough call to say which will sell more. More than likely, ICS will push the Nexus over the top. Too bad the RAZR won't launch with ICS because I'd love to see a fair competition toe-to-toe.

I like EVERYTHING about the Razr MINUS the non-removable battery. That's a deal breaker for me 100%. I can't see most people choosing the Razr over the G-Nex, but of course that's just my opinion. The Razr is still an awesome phone, but the locked bootloader and non-removable battery make it a no-go for me :(. I do realize that the general public could care less about either of these "features", but I feel like ICS is so slick that anyone using the two side by side will simply fall for the G-Nex, regardless of anything else.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed, it's super clean, makes me finally excited about a new phone.

Hopefully the 10th is the release, but I somehow doubt it. Maybe the 10th is the preorders and the 17th is the release. Honestly I'm just hoping it's in November, because realistically December would probably be better for them. More time for advertising and Holiday sales.

The facial recognition was extremely quick, makes me feel a lot better about it's usefulness.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I like EVERYTHING about the Razr MINUS the non-removable battery. That's a deal breaker for me 100%.

I'm fairly confident I could get a day of use without an extended battery. I do have a concern about flashing roms (if the bootloader is unlocked and IF I feel need to do that with a more powerful phone and, ultimately, ICS) getting a freeze and being stuck (and probably having to wait until the battery dies!).

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't know that it really matters, but something else to consider: ICS supposedly supports USB hosting, meaning apps can utilize like a PS3 controller for games. So along those same lines, it means the Nexus lacking a dedicated HDMI out (because it's shared with the USB) would prevent you from mirroring on an LCD or larger screen and then hooking up a keyboard or controller. Although I suppose you can or will be able to connect such devices via bluetooth.

astokes

Reaction score
Well the list also shows the Rezound for the 11th and we havent even seen that phone yet. So long as the Nexus is released in November, my OG Droid needs to be retired.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Is it me or is $299 the new standard price for a new phone on contract?

premium phone, premium price.

I bought a Moto Slvr back in the day for $299 when it first came out and I would gladly pay $299 for my Inc all over again because it does so much more. So to me, it's quite a bargain for what we get for $299 now

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to hope for the govt to step-in on contract pricing. Besides locking people in (which I think is probably ok), it's artificially propping up the prices. We aren't getting that much more for prices to jump $100. It went to $249 for the TBolt, which I can kind of understand for LTE, but another $50 for what - dual core? In all other electronic industries, we've gotten better tech and content with prices holding steady, actually decreasing in most cases.

fobpartisan

Reaction score
Razr showing being released october 27th. Samsungs preorder's will start on the 11th and phone will be sold to general public on the 24th of november. Perfect Thanksgiving present(verizon thinks). Verizon is starting to get on my last nurves with all the waiting n waiting.

Slipstream

Reaction score
I like EVERYTHING about the Razr MINUS the non-removable battery. That's a deal breaker for me 100%. I can't see most people choosing the Razr over the G-Nex, but of course that's just my opinion. The Razr is still an awesome phone, but the locked bootloader and non-removable battery make it a no-go for me :(. I do realize that the general public could care less about either of these "features", but I feel like ICS is so slick that anyone using the two side by side will simply fall for the G-Nex, regardless of anything else.

Tech specs aside, the RAZR has the thin factor going for it. Putting aside rational / logical thought, the average person walking into Verizon wants a phone that is fast, looks pretty and is light/thin/"cool" to show off to friends. While we (as tech geeks) know what the Nexus is from a possibility standpoint, most users will look at the RAZR and think "oooh cool, it's so thin! And I LOVED my old RAZR! I'll get this one." The Nexus looks very similar to the previous Galaxy S series devices, and a lot like an iPhone (to the average consumer).

Of course, these same people might look at "Android 4.0" vs. "Android 2.3.x" and immediately assume "oh, this RAZR is old, I want the newer one."

For me... RAZR. I'm not a developer, and got all of the ROM-flashing out of my system during the first year or so with my OG Droid. Now I just want a phone that runs flawlessly without crashing on important things like phone calls and corporate email. I'll take the thinner, tough-as-nails form factor of the Moto over the "customization" of the Nexus since I'm not going to be screwing with the phone any more.

otmlb1128

Reaction score
I'm starting to hope for the govt to step-in on contract pricing. Besides locking people in (which I think is probably ok), it's artificially propping up the prices. We aren't getting that much more for prices to jump $100. It went to $249 for the TBolt, which I can kind of understand for LTE, but another $50 for what - dual core? In all other electronic industries, we've gotten better tech and content with prices holding steady, actually decreasing in most cases.

You seriously want the government to control phone prices?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums