Verizon MAP Shows Rezound, Droid RAZR & Galaxy Nexus Launching Nov. 10th & More

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which would be the best choice of the three phones?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

I would say the Vigor is out of the running already.

The Razr looks awesome but my gut tells me to go Nexus. Razr is still running gingerbread and blur and as of now, we don't know when Moto's bootloader policy will be lifted. Nexus is sexy as hell and packing ICS out of the box. I think the answer is clear...

Aimperial

Reaction score
Thanks for your input! Why would the Vigor be out? I have an upgrade coming up in a few months, been reading about these 3. I am very interested in others thoughts & opinions. Then of course I will be reading reviews when they start. I like to be a little educated..... LOL. Thanks again!

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would say the Vigor is out of the running already.

The Razr looks awesome but my gut tells me to go Nexus. Razr is still running gingerbread and blur and as of now, we don't know when Moto's bootloader policy will be lifted. Nexus is sexy as hell and packing ICS out of the box. I think the answer is clear...
To add to this, it also doesnt look like the Razr will have NFC, it was rumored but not announced. Also it usually take months for an OEM to release an update to the firmware. Since its confirmed on motos twitter that the device will release with gingerbread, it will be some time before you get any ice cream love. I love the Razr look and id probably buy it if i was a millionaire as a secondary phone but if i was to choose one id want all the features, id want the nexus. Final choice will come after announcement tonight, Moto set the bar high. And the Vigor just seems so quiet. They built up anticipation for it initially but then it fizzed out after all the press on the iphone , razr and nexus. They should have announced it then when they had the crowd. We will see about it when it does announced offically since im sure it is still highly anticipated but they definitely lost many customers already. never underestimate htc fans though.

jodyberry

Reaction score
Sorry - I'm seeing ICS and NFC being thrown around all over the place, but I STILL don't know what they mean.

Can someone help?

Thanks...

Aimperial

Reaction score
I have been leaning more to the Nexus. My children are big HTC fans. I have been a fan of Samsung. Not really sure about Motto. I'm trying to have an open mind. I love the feed back!

Aimperial

Reaction score
I do believe ICS is Ice Cream Sandwich, not sure of the other. Sorry.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry - I'm seeing ICS and NFC being thrown around all over the place, but I STILL don't know what they mean.

Can someone help?

Thanks...
ICS- Ice Cream Sandwhich which is the next version of Android. it puts together honeycomb(tablet) and gingerbread(phone) into one os.
NFC- Near Field Communication. Its like a Bluetooth in a sense, but power saving with different features.

Vito.a

Reaction score

Can someone help?

Thanks...
Yes, these are the names for the Google operating system software. ICS is short for Ice Cream Sandwich.

Also, I don't see the Motorola RAZR listed in this Nov 10 debut snapshot?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input! Why would the Vigor be out? I have an upgrade coming up in a few months, been reading about these 3. I am very interested in others thoughts & opinions. Then of course I will be reading reviews when they start. I like to be a little educated..... LOL. Thanks again!

I say the Vigor is out because we've heard very little about it. Don't get me wrong, the rumored specs are great and sounds amazing, but something about this particular doesn't sit right with me. Just have a bad feeling about it. Plus, I 99.99% guarantee it will be a Sense phone and more than likely will ship with gingerbread as well, assuming it launches in November. Sense is also good, but I prefer vanilla. Much like the Razr, there's a chance this device won't see ICS for several months.

The last thing I'd like to point out is Google moving away from capacitive buttons in ICS. Vigor and Razr have them, the Nexus does not. How will phones with capacitive buttons handle ICS down the road? Seems redundant to buy a device that has them when you know the OS is moving in a different direction. The Nexus is tailored to ICS.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Basically ICS is Matias Duarte's first throw at android. Gingerbread and honeycomb were both rushed and needed quickly and he was just hired then, but now this one he had the time with his team and should it be great.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have been leaning more to the Nexus. My children are big HTC fans. I have been a fan of Samsung. Not really sure about Motto. I'm trying to have an open mind. I love the feed back!

What exactly are you looking for in a phone? Are you going to get into rooting and running custom roms, etc? If so, the Nexus is a prime candidate. If not, the Nexus is still a good choice but just know that it will be a stock android device. This is a good thing for the android purist, who doesn't like manufacturer skin overlays. You'll notice each manufacturer has a unique skin running on top of android (i.e. HTC=Sense, Moto=Blur, Samsung=Touchwiz). Some people love them, most of us here hate them. They can add a lot of visual appeal and some pretty nice functionality, but at the cost of overall performance. If you're not necessarily an android person, I would wait for reviews for each of these devices, then make your decision.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I say the Vigor is out because we've heard very little about it. Don't get me wrong, the rumored specs are great and sounds amazing, but something about this particular doesn't sit right with me. Just have a bad feeling about it. Plus, I 99.99% guarantee it will be a Sense phone and more than likely will ship with gingerbread as well, assuming it launches in November. Sense is also good, but I prefer vanilla. Much like the Razr, there's a chance this device won't see ICS for several months.

The last thing I'd like to point out is Google moving away from capacitive buttons in ICS. Vigor and Razr have them, the Nexus does not. How will phones with capacitive buttons handle ICS down the road? Seems redundant to buy a device that has them when you know the OS is moving in a different direction. The Nexus is tailored to ICS.
I honestly like the Physical buttons more then on screen, but that's kind of a plus for android. They made a point a couple months ago to say that the OS can be configured either way using physical or using on screen. Its up to the manufacturer. ICS is not moving away from physical buttons, the nexus shows off the fact that it doesn't have to have the buttons.