Motorola Droid RAZR Appears on DroidDoes.com Website

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-razr-droid-does.JPG

The Motorola Droid RAZR has joined the "DroidDoes" marketing campaign on the DroidDoes.com website. As a recap, the Moto super-phone will be available for pre-order starting October 27th, and the rumors suggest a November 10th or sooner launch date. Further rumors suggest that the HTC Rezound and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus flagship phones will release on November 10th as well, which will make for some tough choices next month.

Source: DroidDoes

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
not a hard choice at all anymore, im too broke to buy anything right now. have to fix both my Saab and Explorer, so wont be upgrading for a while :(

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think a locked bootloader will prevent you from flashing ROMs. It will prevent you for using other kernels, but not other Roms.

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
that phone looks cool. part of me wishes it was a flip phone... LOL

off topic but did anyone else notice that when you click on the Droid 3 it says it has a 4.3" qHD display and then later on in the little presentation thing it says it has a 4" qHD display?

B

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
not a hard choice at all anymore, im too broke to buy anything right now. have to fix both my Saab and Explorer, so wont be upgrading for a while :(

haha! same here with my civic...engine work required. hoping to get a bonus for christmas!

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not too hard of a choice if you enjoy rooting and flashing custom roms.

Galaxy Nexus for me...HTC Rezound had a slim chance. The Razr (locked bootloader) not even in the running.

soulpatch

Reaction score
bootloader be damned with me as I dont mod the phone too much anymore since burning out with the D1. I like the looks of the Razr but woudl probably lean to the Nexus just to get the camera and the faster OS updates down the road.

bL33d

Reaction score
Razr all the way. Its a sweet phone and it will get roms and most likely 2nd init at some point. i dont care for samsung phones they always have horrible signal quality.

triplejnj

Reaction score
As usual, both phones in the running for replacing my Droid OG with have their shortcomings, making it a tough decision:

Razr: locked bootloader, no NFC, no ICS (yet)
Nexus: No expandable storage (biggie!), screen too big for my taste

As for design and build quality, I'm leaning towards the Razr. Features, leaning towards Nexus...

*I say build quality, mainly because my Droid OG is built like a brick (and feels like one too). In almost 2 years its been dropped, kicked, sat on, splashed, etc. Besides only 2 small dings, the phone looks great and theres not a single scratch on the screen. And it has NEVER been in a case.

Last edited:

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Will one phone (Nexus, Razr) have the advantage of better screen brightness/contrast outside?

That would be a biggie for me, don't care about modding the operating system or changing out ROMS.

thanks

Ron

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
If Motorola was true to their word and stopped locking their bootloaders I'd be interested in the Droid RAZR, but I refuse to buy a crippled phone.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Expandable memory but can't replace battery, replaceable battery and can't expand memory.

Grrr, do they do this on purpose?

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
As usual, both phones in the running for replacing my Droid OG with have their shortcomings, making it a tough decision:

Razr: locked bootloader, no NFC, no ICS (yet)
Nexus: No expandable storage (biggie!), screen too big for my taste

As for design and build quality, I'm leaning towards the Razr. Features, leaning towards Nexus...

*I say build quality, mainly because my Droid OG is built like a brick (and feels like one too). In almost 2 years its been dropped, kicked, sat on, splashed, etc. Besides only 2 small dings, the phone looks great and theres not a single scratch on the screen. And it has NEVER been in a case.

i have D2 and concur. that thing has lasted thru some brutal accidents (even dropped down a flight of concrete stairs). i think Moto said they would have the AOSP code within 6 weeks of ICS release. i wonder if they will bloat-it-up....?