[Rumor] Motorola Droid 4 Made Brief Appearance on DroidDoes Site; Maybe Here Dec 22nd

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid-4-Droid-Does.jpg

Some folks at Pocketnow supposedly grabbed the above pic of the Motorola Droid 4 from the DroidDoes site, before it was yanked offline. This hints that the previous rumor of a December 22nd launch date could turn out to be accurate. It'll be nice to see the orginal Droid series get an LTE radio. This one should look appealing for those users that prefer a slide-out QWERTY keyboard and/or a smaller screen. What do you think? Did anyone purposefully bypass the RAZR and the Galaxy Nexus to wait for this one?

Source: PocketNow

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I gotta see this up close. That pre render makes it look weird.

me4droid

Reaction score
I'm waiting to buy so I hope it comes out on the 22nd. Buying a new phone for my husband for Christmas. My son says go for the keyboard, but I really like the razr. I have the D2G and use the heck out of the keyboard, but with the larger screen the virtual keyboard seems really good. I want to get a peek at the D4 if it comes out to compare.

J

JohnDroid

That screenshot does suck. However, from the previous pictures the keyboard looks to be the best yet. I'm looking forward to trying it out, seeing how the screen actually feels at that resolution/layout. I miss having a great keyboard but beating my Galaxy Nexus for overall usability might be very tough indeed.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If this device is anything like the RAZR there are going to be some happy customers:) I love that keyboard. I actually miss having one.

snowman

Reaction score
I sent my Galaxy nexus back today , thought it was very chaply made and would be very easy to break so I'll wait for the D4
the D4 is supposed to have the same dual processor so it will be fast enough for me and the camera only had 5 MPX, on the Galaxy nexus, so no real deal on that either
The D1 I have fells solid like a really well made phone and I need a little bit of toughness since it will be my phone for 2 years
pretty un impressed with the Galaxy nexus, for the big bucks.
The screen seemed like junk on the Nexus also.maybe easy to scratch.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I like the droid razr but I really prefer the physical keyboard as I do use it in some scenarios. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to afford the Droid 4 any time soon. I'll probably wait until I hear that the locked bootloader can be bypassed and a kernel with iptables support can be installed on the device.

orion2001

Reaction score
Looks like this might be the phone my wife picks up. We both love our OG Droids to death and have been waiting it out for the upgrade. The Galaxy Nexus just didn't do it for me. My wife still wants a physical keyboard and hates all the oversized screens on the newer phones. I think the Droid 4 will be perfect for her.

I think I'm going to hold off on my upgrade till the next gen of ICS phones...unless I really like the Droid 4. In that case, I'll wait till it is rooted and ROMd (if it gets there) before taking the plunge.

hradek422

Reaction score
I skipped out on the RAZR as soon as pics leaked on the D4. I'm waiting for it.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
If this device is anything like the RAZR there are going to be some happy customers:) I love that keyboard. I actually miss having one.

The only thing I miss are the keyboard shortcuts. Those came in handy.

patfactorx

Reaction score
I have a Gnex and ICS feels like a beta rom at this point. I think the Droid keyboard line are still better phones when you consider you are getting better hardware and the same variety of OS choices when you flash roms.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see this phone! Wish we had more info on the screen than just "qHD", but whatever. I won't switch out my GNex + D3 for it due to it not being a big upgrade from my D3, just a bit new design(finally the lip is gone) and 4G LTE, but I definitely can't wait to play with this for a bit. I sure do love phones.