Droid 4 Now Up on DroidDoes Site

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-4-on-droiddoes.png

As if the press release wasn't enough to solidify that the Droid 4 is indeed "coming soon", you can now see and read about the device on Motorola's DroidDoes website. The phone is mighty impressive, and looks to be the device that everyone hoped the Droid 3 was going to be (or should have been). Regardless of that sore spot, it's hard not to like this 4G LTE, QWERTY slide-out keyboard toting device.

Perhaps this one is a "true" successor to the OG Droid. What do you think?

Here's a link below for your viewing pleasure.

Source: DroidDoes

silverfang77

Reaction score
All hail the one true successor to the DROID! *genuflects*

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree. That's the only way I would consider buying it

X

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I'm not holding my breath when it comes to an unlocked boot loader. I thought that Verizon was the preventative force at work there, not Motorola.

Is the battery removable on this thing? I thought I saw a picture where this phone comes with a "phone back unlock key" that looked like a little screwdriver. Is that really what I need to carry around if I get this phone? I have the extended battery in my Droid 3. The D4 has a smaller battery plus battery-burning LTE. I'd wait for the Droid 4 MAXX.

I also wonder about the lack of symbols on the keyboard. Someone in another thread mentioned that the SYM key on the keyboard will probably popup a virtual symbol keyboard. I suppose that would work but it's kinda odd that a phone with a physical keyboard still needs a virtual one sometimes, if that's the case. It would be sooo cool if the SYM key would light up the hidden symbols on the keyboard but I seriously doubt it.

Finally, I wouldn't get this phone until ICS is on it and working well. I'm tired of dealing with buggy, unstable technology. I'm not an early adopter anymore. D3 is adequate for me for now.

Last edited:

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I'm not holding my breath when it comes to an unlocked boot loader. I thought that Verizon was the preventative force at work there, not Motorola.

Is the battery removable on this thing? I thought I saw a picture where this phone comes with a "phone back unlock key" that looked like a little screwdriver. Is that really what I need to carry around if I get this phone? I have the extended battery in my Droid 3. The D4 has a smaller battery plus battery-burning LTE. I'd wait for the Droid 4 MAXX.

I also wonder about the lack of symbols on the keyboard. Someone in another thread mentioned that the SYM key on the keyboard will probably popup a virtual symbol keyboard. I suppose that would work but it's kinda odd that a phone with a physical keyboard still needs a virtual one sometimes, if that's the case. It would be sooo cool if the SYM key would light up the hidden symbols on the keyboard but I seriously doubt it.

Finally, I wouldn't get this phone until ICS is on it and working well. I'm tired of dealing with buggy, unstable technology. I'm not an early adopter anymore. D3 is adequate for me for now.

There is a key, I believe, but the battery is like in tight or screwed in or something. At least that's what the "rumor" was a while ago and very easy to believe.

I don't know if they'll do a MAXX of this, but maybe.

I was the one who thought that maybe the SYM would bring up a symbol thing on the screen because it does that now on my D1. If I use my pysical keyboard, say in an e-mail, and press the Alt then SYM (on the space bar) and it brings up symbols like copywrite and registered symbols in a box on my screen.

I think ICS on a lot of devices, and working well, is going to be a while. My opinion only. Because it's still new.

javipoo

Reaction score
Its only a true successor if we get some unlocked bootloader loving.

and

My thoughts exactly on both points.
I have a D3; the D4 is, Too little, too late.