Motorola DROID RAZR Will be on Store Shelves on Nov. 10

diggy488

Reaction score
I'm sorry you guys are having such issues with your OGs, mine luckily is running faster / cooler than ever. Patiently waiting for the nexus no matter how long it takes.

Same here. I'm not caving on another phone unless I have to. I'll admit I'm anxious though!

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I'm sorry you guys are having such issues with your OGs, mine luckily is running faster / cooler than ever. Patiently waiting for the nexus no matter how long it takes.

What are you running on yours? I've bounced around with a few different ROMs and running at 1 GHz but it's still slow. I finally found a ROM (Project Elite) that isn't taking up too much memory, but occasionally an app will be running in the background and cause overheating and battery usage, and on the rarest of occasions I will get a random restart.

I think I can wait another month, but if the reviews on the Razr are amazing I might jump off the Nexus ship.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
What are you running on yours? I've bounced around with a few different ROMs and running at 1 GHz but it's still slow. I finally found a ROM (Project Elite) that isn't taking up too much memory, but occasionally an app will be running in the background and cause overheating and battery usage, and on the rarest of occasions I will get a random restart.

I think I can wait another month, but if the reviews on the Razr are amazing I might jump off the Nexus ship.

CyanogenMod 6 Nightly 248 with primes deprimed kernel. 900 mhz on demand. The deprimed kernel is by far the fastest and coolest kernel I've used. This combination is as good as my OG has ever been and I've tried essentially every combination.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
See, this is why it's time to get a new phone. Loading Rom A because it's faster than Rom B, but finding out Rom B doesn't run as smoothly as one would like, so I load up Kernel A, but Kernel A doesn't run as well as Kernel B, but Kernel B doesn't like my new Rom, and so on and so on. I'm ready to go back to simplicity: a phone that runs fast now, and will run fast in 2 years when it's time to upgrade. No more Roms, and hopefully no more rooting necessary.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
What are you running on yours? I've bounced around with a few different ROMs and running at 1 GHz but it's still slow.

I've been running Pete Alfonso's Bugless Beast (GPA19) for nearly a week, with ChevyNo1's 1.1GHz low-voltage kernel. I have 'interactive' scaling set, and I haven't had any overheating or sluggishness yet. Like mikeinctown however, my power button doesn't function like it used to, and I have to press it rather hard to turn the screen on/off. It's not a huge deal, but it's kind of a pain. As much as I love having a physical keyboard on my device, I'm gonna wait until the G-Nex drops then go get some hands-on time with it to see what I think. That phone looks mad sexy, and I'm itching for an upgrade!

lakingscrzy

Reaction score
We know that the RAZR will get ICS and it will have an expandable SD slot, while the prime does not(and this is a huge deal to me). I really do like the nexus, but theres nothing hardware wise that really pushes me over, just the fact I've been lusting after it for months.

Last edited:

indymale26

Reaction score
you really cant go wrong with any of the new smart phones there all bad ass just with diff spec reports depends on ur needs with ur smartphone!!!!!!!!

RaptorKC

Reaction score
Is it confirmed that it has the OMAP 4430, and not the 4460?