New and Cleaner Press Shot Leaks for the HTC DNA Phablet

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ev-leaks-htc-dna-press-shot.jpeg

Last night a new pic leaked for the HTC DNA. This one is a full on front facing press shot, so we get a much better view of the new phablet. Just to recap, this phone is more than likely the US version of the HTC J Butterfly that was launched in Japan recently. We will likely know something for sure on November 13th, because HTC and Verizon are holding a press event in New York where this devices is likely to be officially launched. It's also probable that the HTC 8X Windows 8 phone will be shared this same date for those interested. As always we will keep you apprised of the details.

Source: Twitter - @evleaks

dougherk

Reaction score
Any one planing on getting this? No offence but I think the Sense theme and icons are pretty ugly and make it look dated. HTC should revamp their look if they want to attract more people.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

geoff5093

Reaction score
Sense isn't a big deal to me, even for those that don't want to root simply installing a custom launcher like Nova will give you a much more AOSP-like feel.

dougherk

Reaction score
Sense isn't a big deal to me, even for those that don't want to root simply installing a custom launcher like Nova will give you a much more AOSP-like feel.

Good point! However, I feel like most cell phone users will just buy on first impressions of a phone ready to go out of the box. They don't like to put the work into customizing, rooting, organizing icons/widgets, and updating like the majority of us in the various android forums.

tfly212

Reaction score
I am leaning towards the Note II still...if Hurricane Sandy taught me anything, its that I want a phone with a replaceable battery, and the rumor is the DNA's battery is non-removable. Having a backup ready to go when you really need it is huge.

skennelly

Reaction score
Any one planing on getting this? No offence but I think the Sense theme and icons are pretty ugly and make it look dated. HTC should revamp their look if they want to attract more people.

The phone looks dated. I'm amazed that every single HTC phone looks the same. HTC needs more than just new icons.

Sent from my SCH-I535

geoff5093

Reaction score
I am leaning towards the Note II still...if Hurricane Sandy taught me anything, its that I want a phone with a replaceable battery, and the rumor is the DNA's battery is non-removable. Having a backup ready to go when you really need it is huge.
You could always get an external battery pack for charging USB devices.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
The phone looks dated. I'm amazed that every single HTC phone looks the same. HTC needs more than just new icons.

Sent from my SCH-I535
I could swear that the pics that were released previously looked much sexier. That actually just looks like a shopped version of some old HTC devices.

skennelly

Reaction score
I could swear that the pics that were released previously looked much sexier. That actually just looks like a shopped version of some old HTC devices.

Let's hope so. I thought it looked like my wife's old DINC without the circle button.