[HOW TO] Install the leaked Android 4.0.4 ICS build on the Droid 4 (XT894)

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
Added the new ICS build (6.16.206) to the first post

JamesyCakes

Reaction score
problem

when i tried doing this this is what i see when i try to update it

qe 1/1

-- install /sdcard ...
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
installing update...
verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/,otoactv.apk, "9b177eba0b1cf9fdeaaff8afa9510bb1ea0e4784", "53a8f89c2f774d4522d86a521f658a1662477b60")
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation Aborted

can anyone help figure this out? is it because i force uninstalled motoactiv app and nfl mobile?

1989trouble07

Reaction score
when i tried doing this this is what i see when i try to update it

qe 1/1

-- install /sdcard ...
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
installing update...
verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/,otoactv.apk, "9b177eba0b1cf9fdeaaff8afa9510bb1ea0e4784", "53a8f89c2f774d4522d86a521f658a1662477b60")
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation Aborted

can anyone help figure this out? is it because i force uninstalled motoactiv app and nfl mobile?

Yes. Flash the latest Gingerbread fastboot files for the droid 4 and then flash the ICS update in recovery afterward.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Yup, flash GB as instructed then you won't have problems. From what I've seen there is no shortcut around this, do EXACTLY as the instructions say.

JamesyCakes

Reaction score
thanks that worked is there any way to root ics 4.0.4? i had gingerbread rooted but apparently ota didnt save it so i need to redo it now

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
If you followed the instructions your ICS would be rooted right now. Currently the developers are working on a way to root ICS, so if you didn't follow the instructions and save root then you're out of luck for now.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I didn't mean to sound harsh to Jamescakes but I've noticed if you don't follow the instructions exactly then the install will fail or you may not be able to keep root. The OP did not add extra steps just for the heck of it, every step must be followed to get this to work.

Someone mentioned you can avoid flashing 219 by deleting a file and renaming another and I tried it and the install failed. So I went back and did it step by step and it worked flawlessly, so I want to be sure others follow the instructions too.

Last edited:

JamesyCakes

Reaction score
is there any way to fix the phone once its been bricked? from flasboot because i did it because im stupid and now im going to loose my mind

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
is there any way to fix the phone once its been bricked? from flasboot because i did it because im stupid and now im going to loose my mind

What version are you on? Did you attempt to fastboot back to .219 after flashing the ics leak??

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

JamesyCakes

Reaction score
it doesn't matter now realized i was an idiot and bricked my phone now i need to wait for battery to die completely and call verizon to try and factory reset my phone which i dont think will work so i may be getting a whole new droid 4 >.>

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
it doesn't matter now realized i was an idiot and bricked my phone now i need to wait for battery to die completely and call verizon to try and factory reset my phone which i dont think will work so i may be getting a whole new droid 4 >.>

Ummmm. 2 or 3 posts down is a method to recover if you messed up the ics install. If your battery dies your screwed. Just so you know. Maybe you should avoid messing with your next one and just wait for the official release.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
This has fully functioning data and camera/video. Plus it has the ability to take still photos while recording video. Someone posted a link to a few videos showing the new options for ICS.

Last edited: