[HACKS] [HOW-TO] Install Safestrap and Create a Backup

trebor_edwards

Reaction score
I don't know what you mean? I thought you had it installed already?

Yes I do, but when I installed I had put it on the removable sd instead of the internal, and didn't know if it needs the sd mounted to run.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
guidot

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, it installs it on the system memory, not the removable card.

cvhovey

Reaction score
I'm not able to get find a Safestrap download on Hashcode's site with a md5sum match. Actually, there are 2 different links over there, 1.04 and then 1.05 on the download page, both with the same md5sum. Do you know of an alternate download site?

OP
guidot

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not able to get find a Safestrap download on Hashcode's site with a md5sum match. Actually, there are 2 different links over there, 1.04 and then 1.05 on the download page, both with the same md5sum. Do you know of an alternate download site?

I've downloaded 1.04 from his site without issue.

Sent from my Safestrapped, Rooted, ROM'd XT862

cvhovey

Reaction score
^ Okay, I guess I'll just stick with bootstrap for the present time. After downloading Safestrap with 3 different browsers, each show md5sum of 17ae401d2863db9c7db10c0dc0f9eae5, which differs from the posted md5sum. Thanks anyway.

acoers

Reaction score
yeah ive tried downloading safestrap multiple times but have had no luck. I can only have luck with bootstrap.

trebor_edwards

Reaction score
Can I install safestrap 1.06 over 1.05 without screwing anything up?

D3, Safestrapped, SD3 ROM

OP
guidot

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can install from either safe or non safe without a hitch.

Sent from my Safestrapped, Rooted, ROM'd XT862

trebor_edwards

Reaction score
Got everything backed up and romd'd. Running dark droid now was on steel droid, neither worked with hdmi output, any ideas?

Sent from my DARKDROID3

Mungo Baobab

Reaction score
I have bootstrap (not the tweaked version) and I un-installed it, then installed safestrap 1.04 and it started giving me force close errors and said sorry it couldnt install. So i reinstalled Boot strap, ran it was able to get to the CWM load page. And hit reboot. Now my phone just sits at the Dual Core M screen. HELP!!

Well since nothing was responding, I am doing a hard reset. I have a full CW backup from yesterday, so hopefully i can get it restored.

Crap, still at M screen. looks like it fully bricked. might be a verizon store trip. Unless someone has an idea?

Last edited:

Mungo Baobab

Reaction score
Okay so I ended up using the Unbrick SBF program and doing a complete reload. So I am back up, and have root. So here is the question, I have backups from CWM, but they were done with Bootstrape. So I can ignore all the backup since its not important stuff. And should I just go ahead and install Safestrape and then Clockwork and do my backups that way? I am just worried that of having the same problem that got me into the mess. I will hold off and not redownload rom manger until you folks give me some direction.

Mungo

OP
guidot

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Safestrap has clockwork in it.

He has an update on his site. Its now at 1.06.