[HACKS] Safestrap Guide for Bionic

cfli1688c1

Reaction score
i have eclipse v3.0 with safestrap 1.07, couple of questions:
- can i use this version of safestrap to flash a ics leak?
- do i need to use bootstrap to flash the ics leak?
- if i need to use bootstrap, do i need to remove safestrap before using bootstrap?

Thanks.

Obsidian...

Reaction score
i have eclipse v3.0 with safestrap 1.07, couple of questions:
- can i use this version of safestrap to flash a ics leak?
- do i need to use bootstrap to flash the ics leak?
- if i need to use bootstrap, do i need to remove safestrap before using bootstrap?

Thanks.

No you can't flash a leak with either you must be running stock 905 rooted or unrooted and you flash it in stock recovery by holding down power and volume up and down all at the same time.

Sent from my XT875 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

moetrain

Reaction score
Is Hashcode site still down as far as getting the .apk? I tried to root today and all I get is "There is a problem parsing the package."
I'm not planning on flashing any roms soon, but I would like to be rooted so I can screenshot my phone. My fault for waiting so long I guess :(

moetrain

Reaction score
Oops. My bad. Completely thought this was a root/safestrap combo kind of deal. Trying to get my phone rooted from my 32 bit laptop now...

moetrain

Reaction score
Have phone rooted now, but cannot seem to get the .apk to run. re-downloaded and everything. still getting the "problem parsing package" notice.
Rooted via Motofail (from 905) then made sure busybox was installed and running and re-downloaded the safestrap apk. read every post in this and a couple other threads and no answers.

milski65

Reaction score
Have phone rooted now, but cannot seem to get the .apk to run. re-downloaded and everything. still getting the "problem parsing package" notice.
Rooted via Motofail (from 905) then made sure busybox was installed and running and re-downloaded the safestrap apk. read every post in this and a couple other threads and no answers.

You're on 232 and rooted with motofail? Any other rooted apps work? I was under the impression razr's edge was needed to root 232. I'm just jumping in on this thread, so my observations may be off a little. Sorry in advance.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

moetrain

Reaction score
This is where I'm at. Su and titanium both run.

ForumRunner_20120911_210738.png

milski65

Reaction score
You're on gb. You need to update to 232. ss won't work, neither will ics roms, on gb.

moetrain

Reaction score
Is there a general direction I should be looking? I haven't done this since my Eris and I feel like a few things have changed since then :blink:

milski65

Reaction score
What are you trying to accomplish? As in where would you like to be with your phone?

moetrain

Reaction score
I guess now that I'm rooted I am where I wanted to be. I guess I'll go wherever is stable and allows me to load SS and play around a bit..

milski65

Reaction score
Google 232 for Bionic and do some reading. My suggestion is to not upgrade any farther than that.

Strizay

Reaction score
I just have a simple question. I have stock at slot-0 and a custom rom at slot-2, if I just wanted to keep slot-2 as the main booting rom and to stop the safestrap screen, I can just uninstall the safestrap app and it will be good still right? I just don't want the safestrap screen and it to boot straight into slot-2.

gijefftek

Reaction score
Droid Bionic Safestrap fail

Heya Peeps,

I have safestrap installed on my droid bionic and every time I create a virtual rom slot it fails for some reason, I have tried reinstalling safestrap to no avail. Mostly the phone reboots, sometimes it hangs on creating user.dat or some such and I have to remove the battery to get it to leave that state. I want to install CM-11 on my phone due to the Verizon screw you out of your unlimited data policy if I upgrade my phone. Any ideas would be appreciated.

GIJeffTek