[HACKS] Safestrap Guide for RAZR

YelloEye

Reaction score
Safestrap won't flash the new jelly bean release on my RAZR MAXX, keeps saying error 6. Which as I understand it means it's not UNIX encoded. Is there a way I can make this work or do I have to remove safestrap?

OP
guidot

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Safestrap won't flash the new jelly bean release on my RAZR MAXX, keeps saying error 6. Which as I understand it means it's not UNIX encoded. Is there a way I can make this work or do I have to remove safestrap?

Are you trying to flash the stock update to JB?

At this time I don't believe there is root access on it, just a warning.

However you do need stock recovery to flash it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

YelloEye

Reaction score
Are you trying to flash the stock update to JB?

At this time I don't believe there is root access on it, just a warning.

However you do need stock recovery to flash it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, was hoping I could flash it into one of the ROM slots until they figure out root access.

Does voodoo ota keep root if I make the jump? I understand partly how it works, just not sure if it will for the jb update.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yeah, was hoping I could flash it into one of the ROM slots until they figure out root access.

Does voodoo ota keep root if I make the jump? I understand partly how it works, just not sure if it will for the jb update.

Yes, root can be preserved if you follow the instructions explicitly. Go to RAZR Support and see the Post titled
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=233657
FoxKat's .215/.214 to JELLY BEAN LEAK Classroom, w/ MattyP and friends! The method to preserve root is in the first Post.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

YelloEye

Reaction score
Thank you sir.

I'm still running stock .211 rooted so it should be a quick process.

GotnFX

Reaction score
On Leaked JB and have safestrap 3.07..flashed a custom ROM in slot 1....
Questions:
1. In Slot 1, should I have made a backup of the Leak JB.. Wasn't sure..and I didn't.. I did make a backup before going into slot 1 and formatting. After formating, I flashed a Custom ROM.

2. If I don't like the Flashed Custom ROM..How do I get rid of it? I didn't do a backup of the custom ROM in SS.

3. I only formatted Slot 1..can I reuse this slot to download another ROM. I had formatted it for 2G and so I am not sure if I will get an error in trying to down load another ROM into this slot..

bloodhawke83

Reaction score
I previously had SAFESTRAP 2.0 installed, I installed the 3.11 verison and when I rebooted the phone I am forever loading ICS. using ICS Eclipse 1.2 SAFESTRAP 2.0 Razr

bloodhawke83

Reaction score
I previously had SAFESTRAP 2.0 installed, I installed the 3.11 verison and when I rebooted the phone I am forever loading ICS. using ICS Eclipse 1.2 SAFESTRAP 2.0 Razr
Tried 1.5 Eclipse.......guess i'm gonna download every ROM out there to see what will install with 3.11............ update: nothing worked, so i rebooted the phone over and over again manually and the OS booted one for a second and shut down. did it again and the OS booted all the way.

mysmartone

Reaction score
Running SS 3.12. I'm confused as to whether I can restore a custom rom backup taken from Slot 1 to the Stock Slot. All of the old SS info says the two slots are not compatible, but I have recently read posts where people are saying they're using a stable custom rom in the stock slot. Is this now possible with v. 3.12? Currently running rooted JB 4.1.1 OTA in Stock Slot, & custom rom in Slot 1.
Razr Maxx HD 926

tha rockstar

Reaction score
I have lol. I was wondering if I could install it from one of Matt's Utilities? Being on jb, I just didn't know for sure

GotnFX

Reaction score
I have lol. I was wondering if I could install it from one of Matt's Utilities? Being on jb, I just didn't know for sure

I am not sure what version Matt's Utilities has right now, but getting from Hash would put on the most current version.. if I am not mistaken a lot of JB ROMs require version 3.07 or 3.11 and Matt's Utilities may be 2.0..again not sure of the version of SS that Matt's Utility has..you really need SS if you plan to flash costume ROMs..choice is yours..and you have plenty of them :).

helron

Reaction score
I can't seem to find any help and I am so afraid to use my phone. I am so hoping that u can provide some assistance.

SS11 installed last week. Did backup stock Rom via SS11.
Todaywhile preparing to install CM10.1:
1. Created a Nickname for Slot 1
2. Wiped necessary files
3. Went to SDCard and reealized that I had copied the wrong file over to the phone. DUH! Idiot me! Did I learn a good lesson, or what?!

Well, now I want to back out of SS. How can I do that safely? Can i do it safely? My phone is live and i am afraid to use a USB cable or charge it while it SS mode. And, I fear that my battery will drain quickly, and I'm fretting:-(

If i could leave the newly named Slot 1 as is CM10.1 can i just Reboot via the SS-System option. I tried and it said no OS present. I guess that's teh slot 1, but I still have my original stock OS. correct? - I have that backed up in SS. Whew!
Can I just select Reboot, load the correct zip files to my phone and try again?
Any help is appreciated.

GotnFX

Reaction score
I can't seem to find any help and I am so afraid to use my phone. I am so hoping that u can provide some assistance.

SS11 installed last week. Did backup stock Rom via SS11.
Todaywhile preparing to install CM10.1:
1. Created a Nickname for Slot 1
2. Wiped necessary files
3. Went to SDCard and reealized that I had copied the wrong file over to the phone. DUH! Idiot me! Did I learn a good lesson, or what?!

Well, now I want to back out of SS. How can I do that safely? Can i do it safely? My phone is live and i am afraid to use a USB cable or charge it while it SS mode. And, I fear that my battery will drain quickly, and I'm fretting:-(

If i could leave the newly named Slot 1 as is CM10.1 can i just Reboot via the SS-System option. I tried and it said no OS present. I guess that's teh slot 1, but I still have my original stock OS. correct? - I have that backed up in SS. Whew!
Can I just select Reboot, load the correct zip files to my phone and try again?
Any help is appreciated.

If you get to the SS splash screen, you should be able to disable and it should go to your stock OS..assuming you backed this all up. Did you create a recovery file in the SS file?

Technically, you should be able to reload the new file in slot one..but I am not sure what exactly you have..