[HACKS] Safestrap Guide for RAZR

k5esxg

Reaction score
OK Guidot,
Thanks for the quick reply. Please, do you know where I can download the right stock rom + root for my XT912? Plus, if it's not the 2.3.6 version, will OTA updates work on the safe side? I thought I would probably have to be on the nonsafe side to get the OTA from 2.3.4/2.3.5 to work. and I already have 2.3.6 there.

I am also confused with the nonsafe restore function. The Restore screen lets you choose: install from sdcard -or- restore. Which do I use ? Am I looking to install a .zip file? Or is the nonsafe folder created by backup ready to do the install?

I HAVE to get it RIGHT if I use this.

Thanks, again... MIkee

OP
guidot

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not a zip that you are flashing so it should be restore. It's been a while.

However, once you go to safe mode, safestrap backs up your non-safe system anyway, so that when you enable non-safe again you *should* be able to just boot back up without having to restore.

k5esxg

Reaction score
Thanks Guidot,

I go forth now armed with new knowledge.

You the man !!

MIkee

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nice. I havent really looked at the razr side of things due to not having one before. Picked one up today! So i know what ill be doing very soon.... lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

davoIII

Reaction score
Im still confused on what exactly safe strap is. I have installed safe strap cuz I need it to flash roms (@ least I believe so). so is having safe strap like having a table cloth on Ur table? (metaphorically of course). Where if u mess up or don't like the ROM any more u can go back to the original stock (the table- safe mode) & once Ur in non-safe u put the table cloth back on. Can any 1 tell me if i'm right or wrong?
(I know its a weird thing to compare but its the way I understand things)

jb_alphamale

Reaction score
Guidot,
I was trying to find a stock rom 181 to load it into the safe mode. I was not able to find it and I cannot figure how to do it without breaking the safestrap. Yes the droid utility 1.6 can do it in fastboot but that would break the safestrap.
Any idea?
Again I want to be able to install the stock 6.12.181 in the safe mode of the safestrap.
Thanks.

You cannot perform that function with safestrap. You would have to load a stock rom + root in safe mode. Non-safe and safe mode backups are not compatible. I have restored once from non-safe mode and it works. If you are very concerned, take one of the backups and place it on your computer drive, or copy it to an online backup service. With the RAZR you can use fastboot to restore your phone at this point as long as you don't take an update that breaks that functionality.

So, I'd say you are ok, but I realize you are being overly cautious and I can appreciate that. But at the same time, if you have rooted, you have already taken the step over the edge.

I installed a rom the 2nd week into owning my D3 and I have never been back to non-safe mode. But I know its there in case something does happen. There is no ABSOLUTE insurance nothing will ever go wrong with safestrap, but it is the best tool out there to ensure your phone will have the least probability of soft-bricking.

I hope this helps you. Don't hesitate with anymore questions.

Sent from my XT862 + ICS

pkwj

Reaction score
HI there...I am brand new to this. My razr is my first smart phone...my husband had the original droid, but we were too afraid to mess with it too much.

Anyway, I have rooted the phone (yay me!)...but want to install safe strap before I do anything else. My question though is that my phone doesn't show boot strap...I can't find it anywhere. I did try finding it in the market...hoping that it was installed but I just couldn't find it. Anyways, its there, but is a paid app and I didn't find it for the razr...

SO...is it not in my phone? Can I install safe strap?

Thank you!

:)

OP
guidot

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you didn't install it, it isn't there.

Sent using the second edition on the third iteration.

pkwj

Reaction score
Thank you...thats exactly how I thought it should be, I just wanted to make sure before I screwed something up.

:)

Rashiv

Reaction score
cant access safestrap cwm

Help!!!!!!!!! Ok first i install safestrap it worked fine for atleast a few days. I even flash a rom and flash back to stock rom. But now when i come to a splash screen i press the menu for recovery access and it reboot itself over and over again. But if i press the search it takes me right into the phone. I want to get into the clockwork menu but it want take me there. I have install,uninstall safestrap never had had bootloader on my phone so no conflict with that. Any advice.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I wish that safestrap was no longer available. I've seen so many failures with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
i have to be doing something wrong. i have the Razr Maxx and when i follow the instructions all i get is *his logo real faint in the middle of the screen and it's stuck there.
i already used bootstrap and it worked. should i just use that one instead?

rockaholic112

Reaction score
Can I still go back to GB if I flash one of the non-fastbootable ics leaks on the safe partition?

jsandy

Reaction score
Safestrap ?

I'm rooted and on 181 just waiting for the ICS ota. I rooted using the utility and installed safestrap the same way. I haven't had much need to use safestrap but recently could not get it to work. I'd restart my phone and when the safestrap splash screen came up I pushed menu which put me into a boot loop. Power and both volume buttons got me back and I could boot normally. Shortly before having this problem I got a notice to upgrade Rummy's Busy Box installer pro. Every time I tried to install the new version the installation failed. Not realizing how to install a prior version I just let it go. It was then that I noticed the problem with safestrap. Doing some research on here I learned that safestrap required a good busy box install. Once I figured out how to install a prior version of busy box I went to hash_code's site and down loaded safestrap that way. It seems to work now but I'm leary of it and want to go to bootstrap (I'm more comfortable with it from a rootrd Droid X that I had before my Razr Maxx). My question. What is the best way to completely remove safestrap? I'm inclined to uninstall with Titanium Backup but I want to know if that will remove everything that needs to be changed before I install bootstrap (from the utility). Thanks for any advice.

rockaholic112

Reaction score
I'm rooted and on 181 just waiting for the ICS ota. I rooted using the utility and installed safestrap the same way. I haven't had much need to use safestrap but recently could not get it to work. I'd restart my phone and when the safestrap splash screen came up I pushed menu which put me into a boot loop. Power and both volume buttons got me back and I could boot normally. Shortly before having this problem I got a notice to upgrade Rummy's Busy Box installer pro. Every time I tried to install the new version the installation failed. Not realizing how to install a prior version I just let it go. It was then that I noticed the problem with safestrap. Doing some research on here I learned that safestrap required a good busy box install. Once I figured out how to install a prior version of busy box I went to hash_code's site and down loaded safestrap that way. It seems to work now but I'm leary of it and want to go to bootstrap (I'm more comfortable with it from a rootrd Droid X that I had before my Razr Maxx). My question. What is the best way to completely remove safestrap? I'm inclined to uninstall with Titanium Backup but I want to know if that will remove everything that needs to be changed before I install bootstrap (from the utility). Thanks for any advice.

To uninstall safe strap, go to the safe strap app and choose uninstall recovery. To uninstall bootstrap, download root explorer, got to \system\bin, delete hijack and logwrapper, and rename logwrapper.bin as logwrapper.