How long will it take before something better is out?

aramos87

Reaction score
I've been waiting for the Bionic since I first learned about it back in January.. I even got a D3 to hold me over since the date kept getting pushed back... but now as the day finally approaches, will it even be worth the price ($299.99 w/ contract). Or will something be out that's better in a few months??

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
aramos87

aramos87

Reaction score
Yeah this is true, but idk if the price will be worth it, especially if something better will be out shortly after.. maybe I'll wait for the DROID HD

cjsmoove

Reaction score
If you plan on sticking with 4GLTE be prepared to spend $299...at least. As the phones get better and more powerful, like we the consumer craves, so will the price...

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The nexus prime will be out soon after that. You're going to be saying the same thing about the Droid HD when it comes out and then a month after the Nexus Prime will hit. Personally, I think people should stop waiting for something better and get the device they think they can hold onto for a while.

OP
aramos87

aramos87

Reaction score
The nexus prime will be out soon after that. You're going to be saying the same thing about the Droid HD when it comes out and then a month after the Nexus Prime will hit. Personally, I think people should stop waiting for something better and get the device they think they can hold onto for a while.

That's a very good point... I honestly love the DROID 3, but it does lack LTE not that its a necessity just yet.. so maybe I'll actually wait for my upgrade time ( next summer ) before buying another phone full retail haha

EFGantry

Reaction score
No matter what, a better phone is always on the horizon. But in this case, I think it's even more true. The Nexus Prime will most likely be released in Nov (if not Oct), followed closely by the Droid HD before the end of the year. Because of these 2 phones, I'm definitely going to pass on the Bionic. I may still end up with the Bionic, but I won't buy it until I see those other phones.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I'm actually glad the Bionic got delayed, it allows me to wait just one month after it's come out to see some stellar new phones and compare them.

If I really like the Bionic when I hold it, I'll probably end up getting it just because I'm bored with my OG.

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
I believe they better beef up the specs, I hatehow verizon gets the low end phones and prices them higher, the photon is the bionic for sprint but is already been released and doesn't cost 300

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe they better beef up the specs, I hatehow verizon gets the low end phones and prices them higher, the photon is the bionic for sprint but is already been released and doesn't cost 300

The Photon is the Etna Bionic of Sprint and it doesn't have LTE. Arguably, the processor is better on the Bionic too.

tcayton49

Reaction score

I can't tell you how happy i'll be when this ignorant argument finally dies

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
The Photon is the Etna Bionic of Sprint and it doesn't have LTE. Arguably, the processor is better on the Bionic too.

That's the only upper hand the bionic has is the lte, but is that worth 100 more dollars and a later release date? They should beef up the specs, quad core, 1.5 gb ram, qHD+

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's the only upper hand the bionic has is the lte, but is that worth 100 more dollars and a later release date? They should beef up the specs, quad core, 1.5 gb ram, qHD+

Have you seen any quad cores released lately? And what's a "qHD+?" These specs aren't on the Bionic because they aren't ready. It's not like the Photon was released 4 months ago. It came out less than a month ago and it doesn't have any of the specs you want, it doesn't have LTE and it doesn't even do 1080 video.

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Have you seen any quad cores released lately? And what's a "qHD+?" These specs aren't on the Bionic because they aren't ready. It's not like the Photon was released 4 months ago. It came out less than a month ago and it doesn't have any of the specs you want, it doesn't have LTE and it doesn't even do 1080 video.

Haha qHD+ is my version of the next resolution name. But I'm all for verizon, just pisses me off how they have phones over 200 and get their phones delayed over and over, they don't even have a 4g dual core yet. I'm just stating those extra features to get verizon back on the map as not only a dominate customer service and network carrier but also phone. I do love lte though, its really really fast