Will this support Ice Cream Sandwich?

Mikeybeanz

Reaction score
Every couple of months a better phone comes out. I have the OG Droid right now but it seems like right after I got it, it was done. The only thing that kept my phone up-to-date was rooting (which I didn't mind doing). But now that I am looking into getting a new phone, I want something that will last for more than a year and a half.

I read yesterday that google is planning on releasing Ice Cream Sandwich sometime in October/November. The Bionic looks great but you know a better phone will be out that will launch with this new OS. When the OG Droid was released (first with 2.0) it took a long time for all other android phones to get the update. Think it will be the same with the Bionic and ICS? I know you can't keep saying, "Let me wait another month for something better" because that will most likely keep happening. Just want to make sure my next phone purchase is for a device that has some longevity to it.

Stories

Reaction score
My guess is probably 3-6 months after ICS comes out, the Bionic will get it. It looks like ICS will be a major overhaul of Android, so it might be a while before older phones receive the update.