http://www.androidcentral.com/will-my-phone-get-ice-cream-sandwich

mikeyd08

Reaction score
Gotta be honest, not as concerned with ICS as much as I am with an update to fix the connection issue.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

M

MiDrOIdDOES

Do you have any info or evidence? Or is this thread and its replies pure bs guessing and therefore worthless?

Not aimed at the OP, just the responses. He is clearly curious and seeking information but if its pure speculation then what is it worth?

1 major issues with these forums...there is a time for opinion and a time for fact...most can't tell when...clearly.

warrior21

Reaction score
Gotta be honest, not as concerned with ICS as much as I am with an update to fix the connection issue.

+1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

gchave

Reaction score
Im going to have to go with worthless. Theres no way of knowing about when we will gey ICS i do know for a fact that the update will come november.i just got the call from motorla today.i called a few weeks ago about one of the issues ( app storage and random deleting) they told me the update will come Nov. And will fix my problems

M

MiDrOIdDOES

Im going to have to go with worthless. Theres no way of knowing about when we will gey ICS i do know for a fact that the update will come november.i just got the call from motorla today.i called a few weeks ago about one of the issues ( app storage and random deleting) they told me the update will come Nov. And will fix my problems

Thank you for the honesty. I wanted to point out that when people are looking for information, that's not the place for "guesses" especially with out stating you are guessing. (Coughs at speed)

OP
L

lanza_david

Reaction score
Do you have any info or evidence? Or is this thread and its replies pure bs guessing and therefore worthless?

Not aimed at the OP, just the responses. He is clearly curious and seeking information but if its pure speculation then what is it worth?

1 major issues with these forums...there is a time for opinion and a time for fact...most can't tell when...clearly.

True. The Android Central article is also opinion.

M

MiDrOIdDOES

True. The Android Central article is also opinion.

Na you're cool, you are asking the question.

Its the answerers that need to; first give fact or educated information
And second cite the source.

No one wants to ask a question and be bombarded with worthless opinion or worse, misinformation.

KH22

Reaction score
I'm with Mikey. I could care less about ICS right now. I want those updates to fix my connection issues. :crazy:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In my professional opinion, everyone should post with a little less emotion here.

Lets show some respect and continue posting our OPINIONS or FACTS, without fear of retaliation.

OP
L

lanza_david

Reaction score
Thanks Guidot... and MiDrOIdDOES for unofficial moderation... ;-)

I understand that some people feel like posts like this are useless, but I do not. Opinions are OK, even if irrational, biased, unfounded, or whatever. Forums are also for conversation. When you meet with a group of friends, does everybody states what the say citing their references? does everybody only speaks of facts?

What's wrong is to have uncivil conversation, but that is another commonality with real eye to eye conversation. It is not always civil. We are all human.

Thanks for the moderators, official or not, they help keeping the heat down.

Anyway, back to the theme... it just scares me a little bit that the Bionic falls in the same fate that the X i.e. had with updates. Now that they released the Razr so soon after the Bionic, if the Razr gets ICS first, that would be a worse unfair move from Moto. I do not think that releasing it close is a big deal. But the Bionic came out first, and as some people have said, it was marketed as if it where their "flagship" phone, but now we see that the Razr is really it for them.

Speending W. apparently has insider info that gives hope though.

I guess we'll see how it plays out. I like the Bionic. I am not having that much trouble with connectivity. I do, but a simple airplane mode toggle fixes it. You shouldn't need to do that though. It should just work.

I am having other issues though. The 2 that bother me the most are that the phone reboots some times when I put it in the docks. Car or desk. It is not consistent, so who know what that is. It also has jut rebooted on its own. I just hear the machine sound from the bootup animation in my pocket. WTH. I have not even heard about it here. The other one is that it locks up while using the bluetooth earpiece when voicedialing. It just freezes, and I have to do a battery pull, or sometimes it just reboots after some time. I do not use my bt earpiece everyday, but when I do, it happens. Again, some times it works fine, but it happens regularly.

Of course as someone will tell me, I think it might be a bad Bionic. I bought it online at Costco, so I have another 2 months to exchange it. I am kind of waiting to decide if I will just replace the Bionic with another one, or if I will get the Razr or the Rezound. I have not used HTC phones, so I cannot say I do not like them. I've used Moto, and I do like them. The Razr's fixed battery issue bothers me, but I like the fact that is splash proof and seemingly stronger built, although the Bionic is pretty good IMO. I have not followed the Rezound at all.

If I decide to just exchange it for another Bionic to see if I get a good one, I want to give it also a little bit of more time to see if I get one with a later manufacturing date maybe. I do not know I much "newer" I'll get it, or if it will matter, or if this is even important, or rational.

Anyway, just conversation guys, just conversation.

slipknot20085

Reaction score
A date has not been confirmed but it has been confirmed that the droid bionic will receive ice cream sandwich on motorola's website

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk