Thank you moto!

konellaz

Reaction score
Found on MotoMobility in the calender of updates for all moto phones.

A note about Ice Cream Sandwich: We are planning to upgrade DROID RAZR™ by Motorola, Motorola RAZR™, Motorola XOOM™ (including Family Edition) and DROID BIONIC™ by Motorola to Ice Cream Sandwich. We will provide more precise guidance on timing after post-public push of Ice Cream Sandwich by Google, as well as any possible additions to this list of devices.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

AlexSB

Reaction score
Yeaaa buddy!! Maybe we get it before the year ends =)

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
So the Bionic is my first smartphone i've owned, and I know everyone is STOKED for ICS. I'm on the mentally slow side, so I need help from you experts......What are the reasons that ICS is so awesome? What are the differences between that and what we already have? Thanks guys and girls!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
So the Bionic is my first smartphone i've owned, and I know everyone is STOKED for ICS. I'm on the mentally slow side, so I need help from you experts......What are the reasons that ICS is so awesome? What are the differences between that and what we already have? Thanks guys and girls!

Take a look at Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich: everything you need to know | News | TechRadar

I come from the OG Droid, where it changed from Eclair to Froyo. Lots of nifty things there. I even did the update manually, which was interesting.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Okay one more question to go along with that.....now when they release ICS, are there going to be tons of bugs like we are experiencing with the current one we have? Or is ICS designed to fix those bugs as well as implement all of those awesome new features?

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Take a look at Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich: everything you need to know | News | TechRadar

I come from the OG Droid, where it changed from Eclair to Froyo. Lots of nifty things there. I even did the update manually, which was interesting.

So what im noticing is that the capacitive buttons aren't used anymore and screen space will be taken up by the ics buttons. I don't like the idea of giving up screen space for buttons I already have.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ConqSoft

Reaction score
So what im noticing is that the capacitive buttons aren't used anymore and screen space will be taken up by the ics buttons. I don't like the idea of giving up screen space for buttons I already have.

Screen buttons will be disabled and capacitive buttons will continue to work, no no loss in screen space.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay one more question to go along with that.....now when they release ICS, are there going to be tons of bugs like we are experiencing with the current one we have? Or is ICS designed to fix those bugs as well as implement all of those awesome new features?

I don't expect it'll be problem free; there were 2 OTA updates to Froyo when it came out. Still it probably will correct the problems we're having now.

More about my manual Froyo install; I got it from here and it was the full install version (Verizon's version in the store in case the OTA didn't work) and not the OTA, which was a smaller patch. Hopefully it'll be the same thing with ICS.

One thing; if it's like the other OTA updates, it won't be optional. You'll be asked every time you power the phone up. If you're rooted that may not be the case.

Last edited: