Ice Cream Sandwich

beltwaybob

Reaction score
Is there a way of knowing which phones will be upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich? It seems like That is an important advantage. It makes sense to me that all 4G phones should eventually be upgraded but stuff happens.
Bob

gsDroid

Reaction score
The bionic has been listed by Motorola as receiving ICS. The latest information I saw indicates it will get the update in 4-6 months.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
All that I know that's been confirmed is:

Bionic
RAZR
Droid 4
Droid 3
Rezound

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto confirmed again this morning that the Bionic would be one of their first (along with the Razr, Xoom) to get it... but it also sounded like they were doing some explaining about their process before pushing out an update like that in order to help people's expectations not be too soon...

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
ICS would be awesome to have, but in my short experience with Moto and VZW, upgrades are NOT a priority. I love their phones but they are much more concerned with releasing a new phone every month than they are on improving the ones that need some work. And the reason they do this (in my opinion) is because few are patient enough to use the same phone for very long. We've cursed ourselves.

Scribble

Reaction score
I keep hoping as a christmas gift the reason the current update is so late is because they actually decided to dump it in favor of just updating us to ICS... I know that's a pipedream... but A BOY CAN DREAM! I CAN DREEEEEAM!

OP
B

beltwaybob

Reaction score
ICS would be awesome to have, but in my short experience with Moto and VZW, upgrades are NOT a priority. I love their phones but they are much more concerned with releasing a new phone every month than they are on improving the ones that need some work. And the reason they do this (in my opinion) is because few are patient enough to use the same phone for very long. We've cursed ourselves.

Yeah, with each new phone, they get a couple hundred bucks and a new two year contract. Why would they give us something for nothing?

cbrmike

Reaction score
Im sure that by the time ICS comes to the Bionic it will be outdated, just look at VZW and MOTO's track record with the first OTA 3 months and still nothing. If you want ICS anytime soon your best bet is the GNex.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
ICS would be awesome to have, but in my short experience with Moto and VZW, upgrades are NOT a priority.

Why would they give us something for nothing?

Im sure that by the time ICS comes to the Bionic it will be outdated, just look at VZW and MOTO's track record with the first OTA 3 months and still nothing. If you want ICS anytime soon your best bet is the GNex.

Well, the OG Droid came out in Nov 2009 and the first update was in December. Froyo came out about 6 months later. And there was an announcement of yet another update coming to the OG Droid 2 years after its release. I'll just wait for the announcements on this forum. With Froyo someone had the official release (both the OTA and Verizon Store versions) and had it available here for quick install.

Their policy may have changed, but as long as it works, I'm happy.

cbrmike

Reaction score
Well, the OG Droid came out in Nov 2009 and the first update was in December. Froyo came out about 6 months later. And there was an announcement of yet another update coming to the OG Droid 2 years after its release. I'll just wait for the announcements on this forum. With Froyo someone had the official release (both the OTA and Verizon Store versions) and had it available here for quick install.

Their policy may have changed, but as long as it works, I'm happy.

Im just say'n..............If it takes this long for the OTA then just think about how long ICS will take. Im new to android and have had data drop and bsod for 3 months with updates pushed back more and more, right I could care less about ICS comming to the Bionic I just want the OTA to fix the data drop issue if nothing else .