Home Replacement Apps = Completely new phone experience.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll try DxTop again later and see if maybe I was having some compatibility problem with the icons.
Maybe you had a different version. This is 2.3.2 and it says something in the description about the Droid.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
PandHome Droid beta .998 is pretty sweet. Runs EXCELLENT. No lag at all. I like this one.

DroidHoff

Reaction score
I have used gde home and it seems to work very well as a home replacement. You can have up to 7 screens and display them with a variety of transitions! My favorite is the cube which rotates to each screen and gives your phone a very "linuxy" feel. The only problem is right now if you rotate the cube to fast you might get a black screen when it transitions. I have been talking to the developer and he is working on the issue already. All other transitions work well.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
PandHome Droid beta .998 is pretty sweet. Runs EXCELLENT. No lag at all. I like this one.
This version is a lot better and smoother, but as soon as I start to put my widgets and create more home screens I get the black screen a lot. ALmost, so close to being perfect!

Danthok

Reaction score
Drag an icon to the bottom corner of the far screen and it will add another screen.

rod

Reaction score
if youre on one of the "edge" screens, hard press an icon and move it to the edge of the screen. after a few short moments of holding it there, a new screen will appear. i use panda and currently have 5 screens, so i know it works. love it!

arcsum68

Reaction score
This version is a lot better and smoother, but as soon as I start to put my widgets and create more home screens I get the black screen a lot. ALmost, so close to being perfect!

Yep, me too.

I was doing pretty good @ 4, but went to 5 and it started closing.

I am back to 3 homescreens and its still closing pretty frequently, I may uninstall, have not decided yet.

Huma

Reaction score
I downloaded dxtop this morning and have not had a problem yet. I also like being able to have 5 static mini icons at the bottom that i can see on every screen.

zeira

Reaction score
I downloaded dxtop this morning and have not had a problem yet. I also like being able to have 5 static mini icons at the bottom that i can see on every screen.

This is genius! I hadn't realized you could to that. I tried PandaHome beta, but it was buggy and slow. I like that DxTop keeps my original shortcuts and home screen setup and I don't have to do it all over again.

I'm using the Aero theme, what are some other good ones?

Zindrix

Reaction score
I am in need of some help.

I was downloading pandahome from the browser, and something happened and I basically ended up downloading it twice. I installed it and such, but now I have 2 slightly large files just sitting somewhere on my phone memory.

I installed a file manager app but I cannot find where the browser puts files you download, on the SD or the memory. Please help me if you can to where the browser puts these downloaded files, thanks!

(sorry for being slightly off topic here)

mad3963

Reaction score
I am in need of some help.

I was downloading pandahome from the browser, and something happened and I basically ended up downloading it twice. I installed it and such, but now I have 2 slightly large files just sitting somewhere on my phone memory.

I installed a file manager app but I cannot find where the browser puts files you download, on the SD or the memory. Please help me if you can to where the browser puts these downloaded files, thanks!

(sorry for being slightly off topic here)

On mine it puts downloaded files in a folder called "downloads" on the sdcard.