Home replacement apps

rutger1413

Reaction score
I have been trying to use any and all home screen replacement apps and none of them seem to be compatible with the droid.

Open home - force close constant reboot
aHome - drawing issues with the bottom of the screen and wallpaper
GDE - same as ahome
dxtop - force close
sweeter home - i did not try it b/c it said it was only compatible with 1.5

Anyone else having issues?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to use any and all home screen replacement apps and none of them seem to be compatible with the droid.

Open home - force close constant reboot
aHome - drawing issues with the bottom of the screen and wallpaper
GDE - same as ahome
dxtop - force close
sweeter home - i did not try it b/c it said it was only compatible with 1.5

Anyone else having issues?

i am, with some. i think they need to be tweaked to run smoothly on the Droid. Give it a week :D

Zippster

Reaction score
I was looking at ahome too, looks like an awesome app, just gonna sit back though and wait a little bit for all the new "bugs" and dust to settle on droid.

SocratesWho

Reaction score
I tried aHome lite, and when it starts up it crashes and keeps starting and crashing. have to restart the phone to get out of it. I also couldn't find any good home screens, I hope they fix them.

Also, I think that with the larger screen on the driod they could fit another row or so of icons/widgets. I guess maybe that would mess up landscape mode, but who uses the home screen in landscape?

OP
rutger1413

rutger1413

Reaction score
It doesn't matter who uses it in landscape, its just a matter of it must be compatible in landscape.
Some home replacements dont allow landscape though b/c of how they cram icons on the screen.

DaHarder

Reaction score
I'm holding out until SPB Mobile Shell gets ported to the DROID.

IMO - Nothing even comes close to the aesthetic appeal and overall usability of SPB MS.

dean.collins

Reaction score
I'm holding out until SPB Mobile Shell gets ported to the DROID.

IMO - Nothing even comes close to the aesthetic appeal and overall usability of SPB MS.

I agree- i loved SPB Mobile for my 8525.

They totally 'get' UI.

Trip

Reaction score
I use my home screen in landscape all the time in my media doc...easier than holding the thing if I'm at my desk anyway.