Here is a guide to change the carrier name on your notification bar and lockscreen

qman66

Reaction score
miserablechimp thank you this was easy and simple!! awesome great instructions. Just put my name and Droid X instead of vw. thanks again. was wondering if u knew anyway that i can put a battery percentage inside of the battery icon on the right. i have battery indicator pro but that is on the left. i have seen one on some roms for other phones. any ideas?

OP
M
Reaction score
your welcome everybody

Sorry qman66 but I'm a battery status widget kinda guy so I'm not to certain on how to put the percent in the notification bar battery....but if I had to guess I would say its as easy as editing the correct images in the framework-res.apk

scott021467

Reaction score
The battery .pngs are located in the framework-res.apk/res/drawable.hdpi. This is the location of the battery icons. You can view then with 7zip and swap them with the battery png of your choosing. There is alot of threads on this exact process.
I download my theme to my desktop right click on the zip and opened it with 7zip in archive. Then click framework/res/drawable.hdpi and scroll down until you see all the battery.9png icons and then drag the new ones into the location of the ones to be edited. Exit 7zip and replace the edited theme on your sd card replacing original. Do not forget to make a back up of the original just in case.
This was very brief but like I said look for the detailed thread for the whole detailed process. Hoped this helped.
aefc11f4-e4c3-ddc1.jpg

Running Chevy SSX
928 Droid Black Glass (modded)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xxarthur33xx

Reaction score
I tried this yesterday, what a fail that was.. I ended up SBF'ing 3 times because of it. I', thinking it's either because I used a ' in it, or something just didn't want to take. Does anyone know what could have caused it? I would like to do it again, but rather not go through that process again.

RichieD

Reaction score
Excellent write-up!!! Worked like a charm without any problems!! Thanks again for your great help and write-up!!!dancedroid

detox

Reaction score
followed directions to a T. worked but now everything is force closing. restoring backup as we speak.

scott021467

Reaction score
Just finished carrier name mod what a learning process. Luckily had some great help and thanks to bouchigo at XDA for leading me through the process.
aefc105d-aae1-4be9.jpg

Reaction score
Just did this, took me like 4 tries, 2 nandroids haha. Anyway I will try to simplify for dummies like myself.

1- When you pull the framework-res file to your desktop the first thing you should do is make a copy, I had to nandroid back just to get a fresh copy...

2- Don't backspace or re-add periods or anything when typing in HxD editor, this will make your banner words go wonky. I had a ..[]65 after my banner because I backspaced and edited. Highlight the Verizon Wireless and type your stuff in, space where appropriate and DO NOT backspace or edit. If you screw up exit out without saving and go back in.

3- When typing in terminal, it is su then hit return. type first line then hit return. Type second line then hit return. You should not even be able to type reboot before the system freezes up and then reboots. Yes those are spaces in there before some of the / and - commands.

Hope this helps out. My banner now says what I want it to say, did not have to .sbf once thankfully.

kman79

Reaction score
Id like to try this out later.

I do have a question, do all the characters have to be letters or can I use periods and apostrophes? Thanks.

Panzerpanduh

Reaction score
i changed the wording on my phone...and now when i turn it on i get like 20 force close messages (after i close all of them the phone works except for those things) what did i do wrong?

scarmack

Reaction score
reinstall whatever ROM your running. seems like you deleted some meaningful files haha. Dont worry ive been there done that

Reaction score
Or if you backed up the original framework-res just put that one on the SD card and run the same script to put it back to stock. If not, then yeah re-install the rom. Should not need to wipe data or cache.

Panzerpanduh

Reaction score
Yeah I reinstalled and tried it again...seething happened...i am using a theme built for rubix focused on my phone which is running fission (dev said it is compatible) and I want to change the "rubiX Focused" that is where the "Verizon Wireless" normally is...

scarmack

Reaction score
well i know im using the new gummy rom and i changed it twice and both times it shut down my network and i couldnt get service hahaha