Here is a guide to change the carrier name on your notification bar and lockscreen

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the TE code, that's what I needed to do this (always my first real mod)

Has anyone made an update zip for this? I'd REALLY be interested in it for this and other mods. Just makes it so much easier than typing in TE all the time.

Thanks again.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Was wondering if you could help I have an driod x The computer windows 7. I follow your step but after I paste the framework-res.apk to sd acrd it shows nothing in window However it does show in the phone itself. Please help

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if you could help I have an driod x The computer windows 7. I follow your step but after I paste the framework-res.apk to sd acrd it shows nothing in window However it does show in the phone itself. Please help

I'm not understanding about what window you're referring to, but after you paste to the SDcard, did you type in EXACTLY what was directed in TE?

If so, is the phone acting normal?

[email protected]

Reaction score
When I go back to the sd card using windows 7 the file I copied isnt there. However if I go to sd card thur the droid the file is there

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I go back to the sd card using windows 7 the file I copied isnt there. However if I go to sd card thur the droid the file is there

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I think that if you can see it on the computer, you can not access it through the phone, and vice versa.

so once the card is in the phone and no longer mounted to the PC, you should be able to type in the commands in terminal emulator and get the framework to apply to the phone.

jnuts5423

Reaction score
I really want to do this to my device. Would these instructions work for a fascinate or a mesmorize??