Help with my Eris

phicks85

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I bought a HTC Eris yesterday and have been having an issue that I can not figure out. I was wondering if anyone here knows how to fix it or if I should just go to Verizon?

When I get a voicemail it does not put the notification in the top left. I do get a text from Verizon each time telling me to upgrade to visual voicemail or call *86 to check my voicemail.

I have looked through settings and the manual but can't figure out how to turn the notification on and to stop those texts. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

DroidNuggets

Reaction score
Bump!

I bought mine around Thanksgiving and got another one around a month later. My voicemail notifications work fine on the first phone, the newer one has the same problem as above: no voicemail notification, just a text from VZW to log into VVM or dial *86.

I've checked a few other Droid forums and other people are experiencing the same problem and there are no solutions yet. Several have spent hours on the phone with VZW and they don't have the answer yet.

FYI: I tried Settings -> Call Settings -> Clear voicemail notification
and then I wasn't getting ANY vm notifications at all, so stay away from that one. The option is then greyed out. I removed battery, called *228 option 1 and that restored my vm notifications (don't know why or what part of that process fixed it, but it worked). I did exactly the same thing on the other phone and...no dice.