Eris Not Showing Incoming Calls?

kdawgy80

Reaction score
Hey all! First time, long time.

I've had my Eris for about two weeks now and just realized that it doesn't show when I receive a call or show any missed calls (yea I can't believe I didn't notice for 2 weeks, either). I just don't make a lot of calls -- I'm a textaholic -- so it never really occurred to me until I started getting a lot of voicemails.

Tonight, I tried calling myself from my Dad's cell and on his end, it rings normally and goes to voicemail after a little while. When I get a voicemail, it shows up on my phone. But while he is calling the my Eris doesn't ring and it never shows a missed call. So if someone doesn't leave a voicemail, I have no idea they are calling/have called. I've tried this with the mobile network on and off, thinking that might effect it but no luck.

I figure my best bet is to just go to a verizon store, but maybe there's a setting that I accidentally turned off or something... Any thoughts?

mhotovec

Reaction score
In the People app there is a setting to send calls from a person directly to voicemail, you should probably check that setting (that was a pretty mean thing to do to your father. :) )

OP
K

kdawgy80

Reaction score
Just an update fwiw... Went to VZ today, they eventually figured out that the phone had never been completely activated for some reason. Some odd oversight on their end.

lowtech

Reaction score
Just an update fwiw... Went to VZ today, they eventually figured out that the phone had never been completely activated for some reason. Some odd oversight on their end.

Good news...hopefully it will work fine now! And your post could be useful for someone else having the same problem! :clap: