Google Voice Notifications

vthokies1996

Reaction score
Ive posted this a few times and could really use some help.

I have Google Voice setup as my voicemail. Not using the Google Voice number, just using it so I can get the visual voicemail.

I am not getting notifications of new voicemails until AFTER I receive a text message.

Example, yesterday I had a missed call at 9:15 am. No voicemail notification. This morning my wife sent me a text at 7:45am. Right after the text came thru, I received a google voice notification of a new voicemail. It was from the missed call yesterday morning. I hadn't received any text messages since the missed call yesterday.

I thought it may have been a conflict with Handcent, but I uninstalled it a few days ago and I get the problem using the stock messaging app.

Any suggestions as to how I can real-time voicemail notifications?

sal33n

Reaction score
Weird, the exact same thing has been happening to me lately too! I uninstalled Google Voice and reinstalled it but haven't had enough time or voicemail to see if that worked. It just started doing this in the past few weeks.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you clarify how you're getting the notifications? Are they via the GV app or are they SMS or email notifications?

OP
vthokies1996

vthokies1996

Reaction score
Can you clarify how you're getting the notifications? Are they via the GV app or are they SMS or email notifications?

I don't have the text or email notification turned on. I just want the GV notification. I also have the GV widget on one of my pages.

If I get a voicemail, I do not receive any notification in my top taskbar until I receive a text message. The widget also does not update.

Once I receive a text message after getting a Voicemail, the GV notification appears within 5 seconds and then the widget updates as well.

So now, if I notice I have a missed call, I have taken to sending myself a text to see if it triggers any missed voicemails.

mrvogt

Reaction score
I have a similar, but slightly different issue with GV.

I use GV on my Droid for all phone calls and text messages. When I receive a text message, I automatically have it sent to my GMail as well.

Laterly, when I receive a text message, I do not get the "DROID!" notification sound and GV does not show that I received a text message. But, the SMS does get delivered to my GMail instantaneously. The only way I know I received something is through the notification LED from GMail. but I miss my GV notification. I then open GV, hit Refresh, and there is the SMS....

Any ideas?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the not-unusual GV notification delay. There really isn't anything you can do in such situations since the delay is Google's issue.

So now, if I notice I have a missed call, I have taken to sending myself a text to see if it triggers any missed voicemails.
That is odd. Have you tried the refresh button? I think it's on the menu from the main screen on the GV app. It's not a fix for your problem but you probably don't need to send yourself messages.