Help please

Travis798

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I know that this rom does not technically have support anymore but I'm hoping someone here can help get me on track.

I'm trying to get Sourcery on my OG droid but I'm having problems. If I download the ROM from the Sourcery webpage and install it, I just end up hanging on the boot screen going back and forth between the droid logo and the red eye. I have let it go for an hour and it stays right there. I have tried using multiple kernels and I have tried installing using RZRecovery, Clockwork recovery and SPRecovery. I have also tried multiple downloads of the Rom to make sure the file was good.

Eventually, I decided that maybe I was still getting a bad download and needed another source, but I was unable to find any other download locations other than ROM manager. I installed ROM manager and downloaded Sourcery from there, choosing the 900 MHZ slayher kernel, and after install it will not get past the M logo. I have been able to install other roms without problems.

I am wiping my data/cache before installing every time, but I just can't get Sourcery to load on my phone for the life of me. Am I doomed to simply not be able to run sourcery, or does anyone have any ideas for me to get this rom on and loaded?

OP
T

Travis798

Reaction score
Try installing 2.0 first, and then update.zip to 2.2.

-Mike

Thanks, I did think about that but I'm not sure where to find 2.0. If I go to the 2.0 section of the Sourcery website it wants to download the 2.0gapps file instead of a full rom. Any other place I can get it?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems that you have covered your bases. If you are willing try installing a current/different rom to see if you have any issues.

OP
T

Travis798

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies. It makes me feel better about running an unsupported ROM if I can ever get it working knowing the forum is active.

I am currently running CyanogenMod, albeit only since last night and instead of using it I have been focusing my efforts on getting Sourcery installed since I'm not a big fan of Gingerbread.

The problem may just be with my phone. This is a replacement droid I just got from Verizon since my digitizer (I think) decided to go out and my screen was going crazy and I was having the "a ghost is using my phone" problem. I spent a few hours last night trying to unbrick my phone having problems getting RSD Lite to flash after losing my recovery after loading another rom and getting nothing but force closes. I was finally able to flash SPrecovery and get back on track, but this phone doesn't seem to handle being rooted as well as my old one.

I just finished recovering back into Cyanogen and noticed 2.0 is still an option in Rom manager, so I'm downloading that right now. Hopefully this will do it.

OP
T

Travis798

Reaction score
Okay I guess I spoke too soon. For future reference for others having problems, I was able to use ROM manager to install 2.0 and then use the update.zip to take me to 2.2. I wish I could have found 2.0 somewhere else instead of having to pay for ROM manager, but regardless I'm where I want to be now.

Now for the playing and getting to know this Rom!

Thanks for your help guys.

*Edit* Just wanted to say that based on my initial assessment of this ROM, it was worth the 5 bucks for ROM manager to finally get it installed.

Last edited:

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
2.0 Should be available on Sourcery website. I am a big fan of it and been on it for over four month since version 1.0

I tried most other Roms here on DF and none even remotely compare and that is my opinion before all the battle seekers would jump on this thread. I have backup downloads of 2.0 and 2.2 and gapps so if you need any help feel free to pm me. '

You may get a FC of the Sourcery Auto updater since its not supported anymore, just make sure to disable it through the airmail app.

MJ5150

Reaction score
YAY!!!! Another Sourcery user.

I hear you on the support. This group of guys and gals using Sorucery will be here to help you out. The devs come around too and offer support.

-Mike

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I'm sure there are still many users out there still enjoying this Rom... I am around and ready to help with anything.. i did help with the Beta Testing for 2.0 and 2.1

Sourcery still have features that no other Rom has..