Help me pull the trigger...

spikeymikey

Reaction score
My iPhone contract is up and I'm seriously checking out the HTC droid incredible. My main hang up is that I really like that when I plug my iPhone into my laptop, it automatically backs everything up, do droid phones have a similar feature? or is the a free/cheap program that would accomplish this?

Thanks

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's an app for Android called "MyBackUpPro".
You can schedule daily, weekly, monthly backups of all apps and data.... to your SD card or to a web server.

vedwed

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and do not waste your money on the Incredible, it is crap compared to the Droid.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
how hard is it to put podcasts/songs on a droid?
It uses and SD card, so it's easy as drag and drop. There are also programs for transferring from iTunes and what not. I'm drawing a big blank on the app name. I'm sure someone will remember it. :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and do not waste your money on the Incredible, it is crap compared to the Droid.

please elaborate? You mean the motorola droid is better? Why?
This could go on for hours.....

IMO....

Root capabilities. (While the Inc. has root access now, there are still no ROMs for it)
HTC Sense UI IMO is fluff, and not needed. Your opinion may vary.
Can overclock the Droid to 1.25ghz stable.
Droid (Moto) has a dedicated GPU on top of it's CPU, Incredible only has a CPU.
Moto build quality > HTC build quality.
Droid screen display is better (I'm not a fan of the AMOLED displays anyhow)

etc... etc...

Droid Incredible is a great phone however. It depends what you want out of your device. All I can recommend is do some digging in the forums and see what catches your eye. Then see what device best fits your need.

eliassami5

Reaction score

This could go on for hours.....

IMO....

Root capabilities. (While the Inc. has root access now, there are still no ROMs for it)
HTC Sense UI IMO is fluff, and not needed. Your opinion may vary.
Can overclock the Droid to 1.25ghz stable.
Droid (Moto) has a dedicated GPU on top of it's CPU, Incredible only has a CPU.
Moto build quality > HTC build quality.
Droid screen display is better (I'm not a fan of the AMOLED displays anyhow)

etc... etc...

Droid Incredible is a great phone however. It depends what you want out of your device. All I can recommend is do some digging in the forums and see what catches your eye. Then see what device best fits your need.

^^this.......

iPirate

Reaction score
what do you mean backs up "everything" ?

Most things are synced on Android and don't require connecting to a PC to backup

vedwed

Reaction score

Well Martin answered all the things I would have said, in a much nicer tongue than I would have said it. In addition to his/my opinion, I am also just plain tired of HTC's overpriced garbage, they offer far inferior product for far more cost.

And yeah I mean Motorola Droid, that usually goes without saying as how HTC is not the original Droid.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score

Most things are synced on Android and don't require connecting to a PC to backup

Pictures, notes, calander, contacts

Pictures and notes would be on your microSD card.

Calender and contacts are sync'd up through GMail.

No backing up necessary for those points.

xXbrick84Xx

Reaction score

Pictures, notes, calander, contacts

Droid automatically backs up contacts and apps to your google account and they are automatically reacquired and redownloaded to your phone after you enter your account info. Lookout Mobile Security is a great app that automatically backs up ALL data (pictures, notes, bla bla) to an online server, and there is a service to terminate all data connections to the phone in the event that it is stolen or lost..... And its a free app.

Your best bet is the Motorola Droid, not the Incredible. The Droid has a separate GPU for better graphics, it may have a slower processor, but if you root and overclock you can maintain 1.25Ghz with the Droid's superior Texas Instruments processor, (the Incredible's "Snapdragon" is not as good at dispersing heat!) to see for yourself the performance of a Droid over an Incredible, Nexus 1, and HTC HD2, go here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...nexus-one-evo-incredible-graphics-battle.html

*note that is just a graphics test*

Hope it helps,
Brick

HCdroid

Reaction score
IMO I would not buy an HTC product until they fix the QC issues they have. I mean look at the EVO. I feel bad for the people that had to shell out their hard earned money on "THE FIRST" now they have to deal with the glass on the screen coming off among other issues.

Last edited: