Help me pull the trigger...

mentaloaf

Reaction score
My wife's HTC is a piece of garbage...I am SO happy I got a moto. I operate a tour and I had a guy on who is a pretty high up software nerd for Apple and I asked him what he thought was better, the iPhone or the Droid and he said "in all honesty, the Droid is a superior product in every imaginable way especially the android software and all the awesome things going on with it..."

This was an Apple employee who knows his sh@#%$2 and he was being dead honest...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use MyBackUpPro to back up my Applications w/ settings (handy after data/factory wipes) I know the Market keeps your market links when you log onto your g-mail account on the Droid, but you still have to download each one and re-set them up. This way I avoid that. And I've yet to have any issues regarding my apps on any ROM **knock on wood**
I had issues with Titanium Backup not always restoring my Market links.

You can back up data as well
.... Call log, Bookmarks, SMS, MMS, System Settings, Android Home, Alarms, Dictionary, Calendar, Music Playlist

J

Johnly

Do yourself a favor and do not waste your money on the Incredible, it is crap compared to the Droid.

please elaborate? You mean the motorola droid is better? Why?
This could go on for hours.....

IMO....

Root capabilities. (While the Inc. has root access now, there are still no ROMs for it)
HTC Sense UI IMO is fluff, and not needed. Your opinion may vary.
Can overclock the Droid to 1.25ghz stable.
Droid (Moto) has a dedicated GPU on top of it's CPU, Incredible only has a CPU.
Moto build quality > HTC build quality.
Droid screen display is better (I'm not a fan of the AMOLED displays anyhow)

etc... etc...

Droid Incredible is a great phone however. It depends what you want out of your device. All I can recommend is do some digging in the forums and see what catches your eye. Then see what device best fits your need.
I like this take on it. Motorola is an American company, what more do you need?

Googleaddict

Reaction score
My iPhone contract is up and I'm seriously checking out the HTC droid incredible. My main hang up is that I really like that when I plug my iPhone into my laptop, it automatically backs everything up, do droid phones have a similar feature? or is the a free/cheap program that would accomplish this?

Thanks

Be prepared to wait AT LEAST a month to get the droid incredible IF you order it today. And by then the Droid X and Droid 2 will probably be out. So dont get the droid incredible. Or get the droid 1 now :)

eliassami5

Reaction score
My iPhone contract is up and I'm seriously checking out the HTC droid incredible. My main hang up is that I really like that when I plug my iPhone into my laptop, it automatically backs everything up, do droid phones have a similar feature? or is the a free/cheap program that would accomplish this?

Thanks

Be prepared to wait AT LEAST a month to get the droid incredible IF you order it today. And by then the Droid X and Droid 2 will probably be out. So dont get the droid incredible. Or get the droid 1 now :)

Same goes for the DROID..there might not be that many left according to Motorola's CEO. They just cant make enough to supply VZW stores. I guess thats a good thing tho :)

kristoff125

Reaction score

Thanks

Same goes for the DROID..there might not be that many left according to Motorola's CEO. They just cant make enough to supply VZW stores. I guess thats a good thing tho :)

Very good thing, the phone is old, hidden away in the store, and still selling strong, they even took away the buy one get one and left it at the $200 price tag that it came out with after rebate. Clearly they have no problem selling the phone, because it is a solid phone with a great reputation.

Googleaddict

Reaction score

Thanks

Oh i didn't know that. Then wait for the Droid X or the 2ghz phone to come out at the end of the year.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Droid Inc does have a GPU, but it isn't as powerful as the Droid's. The Droid has an amazing GPU, and in that test, it was pushing the highest resolution and still won those test. Also, in benchmarks, the OMAP proccesors are better than snapdragons. The Droid's OMAP 3430 overclocked to only 800MHz benches the same as a 1Ghz Snadragon, any higher and it wins. Did I mention the amazing GPU? :D

Last edited:

ggtus

Reaction score
The application to sync your music and photos to your computer is double twist

Reaction score
I like this take on it. Motorola is an American company, what more do you need?

Motorola is definitely a japanese company... and their phones are assembled by foxconn in china I believe.

There IS a Motorola USA corporation, but that's along the same lines of Honda of America. Nothing is truly American when it comes to multinational companies.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk