HELP!!!! HTC Incredible battery life!!!

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You weren't instructed to turn mobile data off...

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score

Sorry, maybe I should be more specific. I unchecked the box that says "enable always on mobile data". With box unchecked I sent an email to myself and did not get it after waiting 20 minutes. My email check frequency is set at 10 minutes.

dwagner88

Reaction score
I wonder what the battery life will be like on the EVO if it is a struggle already on the Incredible. Even if it has a bigger battery, that huge screen and constantly switching between 3g and 4g radios is gonna be a big battery killer.

robwilson

Reaction score

Sorry, maybe I should be more specific. I unchecked the box that says "enable always on mobile data". With box unchecked I sent an email to myself and did not get it after waiting 20 minutes. My email check frequency is set at 10 minutes.
I have had that option turned off since day one and it doesnt effect any of the data. In other forums, its stated that this option helps when you are on other networks when verizon networks arent available.

zgruven

Reaction score
my battery has been lasting a good 20+ hours!!!! im loving it

Yes I get about the same. When I first got the phone it barely lasted 8 hours and after some reading I realized i had apps running as soon as the phine turned on that was draining my battery.

RPA-DROID

Reaction score
If you turn off mobile data, you don't get it, period.

edit, oops. Misread.

It probably won't affect email, noticeably.

It has some effect with google talk though.

If you turn off mobile data it doesn't get email unless you open up the account your looking for email from (if you have say yahoo or aol or another email account such as that)...

Reaction score
sorry to be so "silly" but i am getting confused on what exactly to do to help with the battery life.

1- Buy extended battery or an extra one
2- Turn off always on data? what does that do. will i now not get my email from gmail and exchange auto?
3-if i make weather update from 3 - 6 hrs does that help?

what steps can i do or what can i turn off that will help?

I definitely want the sync of email on auto but if there is anything else i can turn off to help.

THANKS!!