HELP!!!! HTC Incredible battery life!!!

QuietStorm007

Reaction score
Go to mobile network and uncheck enable always-on mobile data.

I've heard a lot of people saying (on this forum and another forum) that this helps a ton .. however ... i turned it off yesterday, let the battery drain, then charged it all of the way up....

Today battery life was great then I started playing with it for a few minutes and now i'm down to half. :frown:

<sigh>

bcrigler

Reaction score
Seidio - Your Single Source for Premium Smartphone Accessories

Just by the slim extended battery... That's what I am going to do. 50 extra bucks but it is the same size as the regular so your phone won't get bulkier...

Can you post up your results once you get it and have had it for a few days?

Sure will do... The incredible is still lasting through the day barely... But I definitely need some more time for heavy use. I will let you know my results with this new battery once I receive it. May be a couple weeks with shipping and all.

QuietStorm007

Reaction score
on one of my home screens i put the programs... GPS, WiFi, and mobile so that way i can turn them on when i need them because i dont always have to be connected

Under widgets there's a "power control" program. It has GPS, WiFi, blutooth, brightness, and one other one. quick tap and it turns it on/off

I turned off the "enable always-on" and I turned off the wifi .. turning off the wifi in addition to the network always-on seems to REALLY be helping. I'm still at 50% and I've been playing with my phone off and on since my post earlier at 11:30am

I didn't think about the wi-fi til just a little bit ago and I was like um it's pointless to have it on at work b/c there are no networks.

Last edited:

QuietStorm007

Reaction score
Sure will do... The incredible is still lasting through the day barely... But I definitely need some more time for heavy use. I will let you know my results with this new battery once I receive it. May be a couple weeks with shipping and all.

yay :) $50 isn't a ton of money to spend on a new battery but it would be nice to know it's worth it

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score
How does it affect getting email? Delay in receiving it?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you turn off mobile data, you don't get it, period.

edit, oops. Misread.

It probably won't affect email, noticeably.

It has some effect with google talk though.

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score
If you turn off mobile data, you don't get it, period.

edit, oops. Misread.

It probably won't affect email, noticeably.

It has some effect with google talk though.

Ok i shut mine off. I'll see how it effects getting my email!

diggity

Reaction score
^ not sure if it affects email. It doesn't affect gmail or SMS though. I disabled this a couple of days ago and still haven't noticed it affecting anything.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Google Talk does its connect/disconnect thing pretty often, which was/is an issue with the Moto Droid. Leaving the option checked resolves this.

While not entirely a scientific look into it, I'd say this is a pretty good indicator that the Moto Droid does NOT have this option enabled. We already know the option to turn it on or off isn't there.

If thats the case, it shouldn't cause too many side effects, aside from the aforementioned google talk issue.

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score
Didnt seem to get email at all with mobile data shut off unless I manually checked it....