Droid X or Droid Incredible?

BzB

Reaction score
I believe that the Incredible is an Android phone. I don't consider it a true Droid because it's not from Motorola.

I understand it's labeled a Droid because Verizon did so but IMHO it's an Android phone.

Is that clear?;)

got it! ...but you know, they're all android phones. if it makes the moto owners feel more important to have the "droid" moniker all to themselves then whatever floats your boat. ;)

personally i think my moto droid was a great phone, but i also think my htc inc is a great phone in it's own right. my experience with each wouldn't keep me from trying either of the brands going forward as long as it has the android os on it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe that the Incredible is an Android phone. I don't consider it a true Droid because it's not from Motorola.

I understand it's labeled a Droid because Verizon did so but IMHO it's an Android phone.

Is that clear?;)

got it! ...but you know, they're all android phones. if it makes the moto owners feel more important to have the "droid" moniker all to themselves then whatever floats your boat. ;)

personally i think my moto droid was a great phone, but i also think my htc inc is a great phone in it's own right. my experience with each wouldn't keep me from trying either of the brands going forward as long as it has the android os on it.

I think your HTC Incredible is a great phone too. I have plenty of respect for it.

But I would prefer to see that Motorola kept the Droid name.

BzB

Reaction score
PS, these forums were born Motorola droid baby!

very true! i was one of the first few to register before i got my moto droid. who knew it would blow up to become one of the largest android forums on the net.

that said, i think it was intended to welcome all android owners with open arms. hence the device specific subforums.

but if they want this to be a moto site only, then so be it!!!! :icon_ banana:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea, having other manufactures with the name Droid is better for business. At least Verizon is having top of the line Android phones with the Droid name. But, they should bring the Ally in too. The Droid Family. They are excluding the Ally by not giving them the Droid name too. That could hurt Ally sales.

J

Johnly

PS, these forums were born Motorola droid baby!

very true! i was one of the first few to register before i got my moto droid. who knew it would blow up to become one of the largest android forums on the net.

that said, i think it was intended to welcome all android owners with open arms. hence the device specific subforums.

but if they want this to be a moto site only, then so be it!!!! :icon_ banana:
ha ha, yeah, you are one of the first 500 members, lol. I hope this site embraces all Verizon droids, because Motorola is NOT the only company embracing this awesome OS.

kmo

Reaction score
Can't understand all you motorola users. You're so possessive, ha. It's just a name. So you were the first, big deal. Android is Android, there are a lot of related devices under this heading. You can have the name Droid, who cares... it's all about marketing anyway.

OhBeeWan

Reaction score
Android devices, a happy family

Okey doughkey...
First, the Android OS existed before Moto used it
Second ALL Android devices share a common, non-fractured, development requirement. Go here to read some of the requirements:Android fragmentation: something to fear?

Therefor, Moto has no primary claim on the OS, and ALL Android based devices are equal in terms of OS compliance. Making form factor the driving force

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea, I just read the other day in a comment on some site it was a T Mobile phone that had the first Android OS? Just looked it up, guess who its made by.....lol

OP

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
The Nexus One or Google Phone, should have been the first one with the android OS. And its made by HTC. Is it still rumored that the Droid X will be the Nexus Two?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I read a rumor that Motorola might be making the Nexus 2. I havent heard it was the X tho.

ihatemystorm

Reaction score
Incredible vs X

As my name implies I currently have a B Storm. I got it when it first came out about 2 years ago maybe 18 months. Everyday I struggle with thought of trowing it through a wall cause of how terrible it works.
I had decided to get an Incredible but the were sold out on entire east coast. Then I read about the X.
i have only played with a droid for like 5 mins in store, don't know alot about them. I've tried to read up on the phones and understand the X isn't out yet so only info is from tech places being allowed to play with it.
I dont care about size difference. But I dont understand all the hardware difference; they each have a 1ghz proc. but Incredible has snapdragon and X has one that helps with battery life. I just dont want to spend money on a new phone that sucks after 3 months compared to another i could've gotten or something coming out in that time, like with this storm.

Please help. U forum guys are my only hope.

p.s. i dont hate blackberrys just my storm.