There are a lot, and I do mean A LOT of new phones coming down the line. I would say if possible, hold out until the end of the year, very beginning of next year. There is going to be some really interesting equipment coming down the line. Just hold out. The Droid X is nice, but I would recommend waiting if you are sitting on an upgrade discount. You'll be happy that you did.
I went from the x to incredible I hate MOTO version of Android but yes the x processor is faster but I have not noticed it in my time with the incredible it has been just as snappy the only real plus the x has was the panorama option in camera but I still love the incredible and the sense UI HTC has developed
Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk
My Dinc came and I must say it seems small compared to the X, but after carrying it around all afternoon and tonight it is nice. I went home and picked up the X and said DAMN that's huge. Mine shipped with 2.2 and the battery is still at 20% and I have used it all day and it is almost 10pm. The phone was at 30 when I set it up. The X does have good battery life, but if you don't need the HDMI or 720p recording...I never used either, I think the size is more of an issue for me than the benefits of the X. Plus, Sense is awesome and blur is horrible. Also, for what it is worth the screen seems so much faster and smoother than the X. Just my .2 cents..YMMV.
Get an extended battery. The 1750 is the same size. The extended will give you juice for 2 days with heavy use. Incredible stuff. Not terrible in size although it is much larger.im currently on the fence with switching to an X from my Dinc. I think im going to do it though. i cant take the terrible battery life and reception.
My Dinc came and I must say it seems small compared to the X, but after carrying it around all afternoon and tonight it is nice. I went home and picked up the X and said DAMN that's huge. Mine shipped with 2.2 and the battery is still at 20% and I have used it all day and it is almost 10pm. The phone was at 30 when I set it up. The X does have good battery life, but if you don't need the HDMI or 720p recording...I never used either, I think the size is more of an issue for me than the benefits of the X. Plus, Sense is awesome and blur is horrible. Also, for what it is worth the screen seems so much faster and smoother than the X. Just my .2 cents..YMMV.
Plus, with 2.2, the Incredible can record at 720p recording, and you can get a tv out cable for the micro usb jack.
im currently on the fence with switching to an X from my Dinc. I think im going to do it though. i cant take the terrible battery life and reception.