Thinking about buying Droid Incredible - few Questions

webby

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a veteran Android OS user, having owned the original G1 since release, then the Droid1, then I tried the Droid X, but ended up returning it. Anyway, the Android OS is anything but new to me. Now I'm thinking about picking up the Incredible, but I have a few questions:

1) Android 2.2 -- Has the Incredible received the stock 2.2 OTA update yet? If not, when is that expected?

2) Will LauncherPro Plus work on the Incredible? If so, does it work smoothly and normally? That is, for example, will I be able to use scrollable widgets with it as I was able to on the Droid1 and the Droid X?

3) Will scrollable widgets such as Pure Calendar Widget & LauncherPro Plus Bookmarks work in scrollable form with Sense UI?

Thanks much for any input.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1. We are in the same boat as everyone else but EVO users. 2.2 isn't here and no offical timeframe yet. Though with the release of the .32 kernel source I doubt it will be long.

2.I don't use Launcher Pro but I'm sure it'll work fine. Maybe someone who uses it can chime in.

3. When I am not running a custom rom I just use the HTC sense calender as opposed the Pure Calender I usually use. It is that good.

andrew_ja

Reaction score
1. No, but should be getting it soon. There is no official date, could be today, could be a couple of weeks from now. But it is definitely on the horizon.

gpa

Reaction score
LauncherPro works great! Though after using Sense I think I may just unistall LauncherPro. Its that good ;)

OP
W

webby

Reaction score
When I am not running a custom rom I just use the HTC sense calender as opposed the Pure Calender I usually use. It is that good.

Thanks ... So can you tie the HTC Sense UI Calendar to ones personal Google calendar? I'm presuming that's a yes, but would like to know for sure.

OP
W

webby

Reaction score
Oh, one more question about the Incredible ... How is the Speaker volume?

Weak speaker volume is one of a couple of reasons that I returned my Droid X. I use Google turn-by-turn directions in the car quite frequently, plus the speaker phone on some calls, plus occasional music on speaker, so speaker volume is important to me. For myself, the speaker volume was unacceptably low on my DX (I'm not trying to create a discussion with DX owners here -- maybe it was just the phone I had). My Droid1, on the other hand, has a very robust speaker that is very adequate for my purposes. But I'm ready for a faster processor and don't need a physical keyboard anymore.

Anyway, how does the Incredible's speaker stack up?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes it ties into the Google calender. And the speaker volume seems good to me.

OP
W

webby

Reaction score
One more question comes to mind. Does the Incredible have any additional keyboard Input option in addition to the HTC keyboard? Like perhaps Swype?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can find Swype out there but it does not come standard. The stock HTC keyboard is very nice though.

OP
W

webby

Reaction score
Allright. Thank you for all the feedback to my questions. Much appreciated!

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I have no issues with the speaker volume, we used the navigation last week and I was wondering how it would do with the stereo on... It was fine.

I bought 'Ultra Keyboard' they just had an update that includes trace (which is their name for the swype feature) They also added some other key features for sizing it (people have complained you couldn't see what you wrote now you can size it to see as much as you would like)

The ability to get swype is not available right now unless you root the phone.

There are several keyboard apps out there that will improve your experience with the phone