incredible backup / restore point ?

Reaction score
I am new to working with the incredible. I have the droid x and wife has the incredible. I have my X rooted / and other mods done to it. Including bootstrap with backup/restore.

Is it possible to do a complete backup of the incredible? if so ... How?

Thanks !

Ben

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To do a full Nandroid backup you will need to root the phone. Things like text messages won't be backed up in the Nandroid but you can use a variety of apps to accomplish that.

tigerdango

Reaction score
Um the INC actually comes with an app for that purpose. It's called backup assistant. Of course I'm sure AM has other ones too if you search for backup.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Backup Assistant is only for contacts.

You can use clockwork backup/restore built into ROM Manager to backup your entire phone, that's what I use, and have never had an issue with it.

To back up texts, there's a great free app called "SMS Backup & Restore", and Titanium Backup can be used for applications. :D

All require root access except for Backup Assistant. I believe that Astro has a built-in feature for restoring apps too, though-which you don't need to be rooted to use. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

tigerdango

Reaction score
Yeah I knew there were other apps. I don't really want to mess with rooting unless I have too. Lol thanks for the info though, Ryan.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Oh, well that information was supposed to go to WsW-WYATT-EARP in case he were to root it, since he did so for his Droid X :D

OP
WsW-WYATT-EARP
Reaction score
Does clockwork require a rom? Or can u just install bootstrap like we do on the X?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

My DROID beat-up your iphone

fritomist

Reaction score
I'm using My Backup to back up data and apis on my Dinc. So far it seems to be working. I haven't needed to do a full restore fortunately, but I have done several partial restores. Just restored a play list that disappeared this morning.

That leads me to a question. Has anyone else experienced occasional random loss of data such add pictures or play lists? It has happened to me a few times.