how is the incredibles battery compared to droids? and should i make the trade

tktouch12

Reaction score
Hello,
as I say in this ( http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...help-me-decide-stay-droid-get-incredible.html ) thread, I'm thinking about getting an incredible for free if I trade my Droid. I think I've decided its a good idea, but I'm worried about battery life.

Is the incredibles battery life managable? And you users who came from a droid, how does it compare? I could get the seidio 1750 extended slim, but I use my phone a lot, so how is the battery life?
Thanks

Btw, please give your opinion if I should trade my droid for an incredible

jamjr74

Reaction score
I swapped from Droid to the Di and got the seidio 1750. I have no battery issues and think the DI os comparable to the Moto with this battery..

zMd113

Reaction score
Go Incredible, you'll be glad you did. For everyday common use you'll last the whole day, but if your using media heavily then you'll be charging throughout the day.

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
Go Incredible, you'll be glad you did. For everyday common use you'll last the whole day, but if your using media heavily then you'll be charging throughout the day.

well i will use it as my ipod a fair amount, but most of that time is with the screen off. will that still hurt it?

and i'm also wondering is the incredible at stock more responsive/ less laggy than a droid overclocked to around 900 mhz?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Stick with the Droid. The possibilities are endless with it. You can't say that for the di. Don't get me wrong, the Di is sweet....but still today there isn't a phone out there that id trade my Droid for. Goodluck.

CBLJazz

Reaction score
imo get the incredible.

We have recently become an android family. I have a MOTO DROID and my wife has an HTC DROID INC.

Ironically, we started out with my battery life being better than hers but after a lot of adjustments to her phone and research- her battery now is much better than mine.

If you're a power user like her but don't want the added bulk, like her, get the sedio
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003602HIO/ref=oss_product

but here are the battery things you have to do to make your battery last a normal amount of time.

SAVING BATTERY ON DINC

1. Turn down screen brightness to less than half- the default appears to be max: absolutely unnecessary.
*****2. Turn off MOBILE NETWORKS ALWAYS ON- extends battery considerably (you can still do almost everything- talk, text, web, email) this has little affect on data or cell usage- may affect PANDORA, exchange email and gtalk

SETTINGS>WIRELESS & NETWORKS>MOBILE NETWORKS>uncheck ENABLE ALWAYS ON

Final step (very important)
3. There is a charging "bug" with the dinc that has been well documented and notated by HTC. So you have to "bump charge". or a variation of it:
here's what we do

• Charge the phone fully while on (till orange light becomes a green light)
  • Turn off
  • Charge the phone while power is off (till orange/ amber light becomes a green light)

OTHER TASKS THAT MAKE SMALL AFFECTS

1. I put task killers on her phone and set them to auto kill at a certain interval (controversial here but appears to help)
  2. I set her social networking to sync at a greater interval of time- she gets updates but not every 15 mins I put most at an hour
  3. I put her non- google push email check interval at 30 mins. The default was checking like every 5-10 mins: unnecessary

She used to have to charge mid-day but now she lasts more than a day on one overnight charge.

Last edited:

hydro556

Reaction score
I had a Moto Droid from Novemeber until June.

Great phone. I had consistent WiFi issues with the Moto, after the 3rd Moto that wouldnt do WiFi, I got Verizon to give me an Incredible. After all the issues I had heard about battery life on Inc, I also got them to send me the VZW HiCap battery with the Inc.

At any rate, after getting the Inc, I can not say how impressed I was/am. It is SO much snappier than the Moto, and the UI is hands down better to me. So much more intuitive, and SO very easy to access everything.

I used the standard cap battery for a few days, and didnt really have any issues. But, I can charge at work, in the car or at home. Even so, the battery may not last as long as the Moto's, but it was tolerable.

I then mounted the hicap battery from VZW, 2150 MAh. It is substantially better, and allows the Inc to last longer than the factory Moto would. The only drawback, (and it was a small one to me) is that the form factor is a bit bigger. Didnt bother me too much, but I did prefer the smaller original battery, by a small margin.

Since charging is no problem for me, I switched back to the little original battery. I can use the extended cap battery if I know I am going to be unable to charge for a while or something, but otherwise will stick with the original.

I think the Incredible is simply an amazing phone. It is so snappy, and so well laid out, that I think it may be the perfect phone.

Not near as big as my buddy's Evo, but other than the HDMI out, it gives up almost nothing to the Evo, and seems to perform a little faster, due to not having the pop tart sized screen to run.

Go Inc and dont look back. After a few days with it, you will see that the Moto isnt in the same league. IMO

kmo

Reaction score
Phones are personal devices so that's why everyone has an opinion. That's all they are, opinions. What makes one phone better than another? The user's experience with that phone. I don't think you'll find too many former MDroid owners who want their MDroid back after getting the INC. The MDroid was good (I returned mine after 30 days) but the INC is IMO more of a good thing. The battery is manageable but you might have to work a bit with settings to get the most out of it. I just went to ebay and picked up 2 1500mAh batteries and charger (for like under $15. delivered) and I always have a back up source for power, and they perform as good as the stock battery does. I did notice an increase in life too after about 4-5 initial charges.... have fun.

Last edited:

solorca

Reaction score
Personally, I found the battery life on the Droid to be relatively the same as my Incredible. I eventually got an extended life battery from Seidio for the Droid, and found that I could get a full day (of above average) use without much trouble.

With the Incredible, I now have the extended battery from Seidio as well, and I am barely at 50% at the end of the day with similar usage.

This is only because the Incredible extended battery is 3500mah vs. 2600mah for the Droid. In any case, I get plenty of usage out of the Inc now.

nhjumper

Reaction score
Batteries on both dont last a day of moderate to heavy use
Bought the 1750 Seido and that wouldnt last more than 4 to 5 hours of heavy
use, wasnt much different than the OEM batt

BUT!!!!! just installed the Seido 3500 extended OMG it lasted all day of moderate heavy use and at 10:30 pm when i pluged it in it still had 30% charge

Worth every penny, They didnt have a case to fit the extened case
so i took the rubber case i had on it and carefully cut away the extra material
from it and it fit great

Dont bother with the 1750 Seido it didnt really make a dif
ya use it for a backup

the 3500 is the way to go for heavy users

kmo

Reaction score
If you can deal with the "FAT" battery that's great. This is why I went to ebay to purchase (2) 1500mAh batteries and wall charger for $11.99 delivered. They perform as well as the OEM battery and on those heavy usage days I always have a back up, my wallet isn't hurting as much either... I don't like spending a lot money on accessories that I won't need or can't use when I get my next device.