Need Help with Dicision... :(

wendy5001

Reaction score
I'm considering switching from my droid to the incredible tomorrow, well ordering it anyway. I've become unhappy with the droid, I can only talk using my BT lest I face dail someone or hang up on them and have been told this is not a problem on the incredible, yes? the physical keyboard is just not that important to me anymore. i loved my droid when i first got it but it was fleeting and really hope it's not the same with the incredible. can anyone reassure me? i was told the battery wasn't great though.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
No smart-phone has great battery life, you are pretty much carrying a mini computer in your pocket bag purse or belt clip, try unplugging your laptop from the power outlet and lets see how long that will last, all smart-phones from the iPhone to the droid to the incredible and so forth are battery hogs, no way around it, but good thing is we do not live in the dessert or in the woods and have plenty of power outlets to chose from, from your car to the outlet in your house job and so forth, if you don't want a battery hog just get a regular cell phone and be done with it.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
So I now have a Droid and the Incredible. Mind you, I'm 3 days in, but wow, do I notice the differences already. I have the Inc as my main phone and even though I know all of the battery saving techniques, this is really killing me. It drains like a hot dog's water bowl. I'm going to wait a bit longer and see if the multiple charges really helps this phone out. It would be nice.

Unless you've used both for more than a few minutes, you really can't understand the differences. I'm using the Inc night and day to see if I really like it better than my Droid and if it will remain my primary phone. Let me tell you....As soon as that A955 rears its head, the Inc will take a back seat. I just see the Motorola devices being overall better IMO. There are the reasons listed a few posts back, but I really like those advantages on the Droid. I REALLY like typing out long email replies or posts with a keyboard. Some complained about the battery, but the fact that I could cycle using the gps and Tracks, listen to music via my stereo bluetooth AND check emails/texts and after 2.5 hours STILL have over 50% battery life left just seemed fantastic to me. I will attempt that with the Inc this week, but I don't see that happening. I would like to, but I'm not hopeful.

It's all in what people find of value to them. Faster isn't always better. I'll take reliability over speed any day, and the Moto Droid just seems to be more reliable to me BUT don't hate on me just yet. I'll give it a bit more time to see if the Inc can do me justice.

Also, with the Droid, I have docks in my office, nightstand, computer desk, and a car mount. It's great having a desktop clock with quick access to weather. Haven't quite found a docking solution for the Inc yet other than a generic car mount that I used with my iPhone/BB Storm. Looking for desktop cradles that will allow for charging comfortably, so if anyone has any recommendations, I would love to hear them (and no, i'm not a big fan of Seidio after the fiasco of their equipment that have made me so dissatisfied with their products). OHHHHHH, and how the hell do I get this phone to stay on while plugged in and using the maps function? Annoying as hell!!!

To each their own, but again, I'm skipping the Shadow and waiting on the true Droid 2. Maybe the Inc will grow on me by then......maybe.

Last edited:

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Personally, I go through 3-4 phones a year because I like to sample what's out there and help friends and family make informed choices. I talk about the positive and negatives on sites like this because I like to hear what others have to say about them and hear their experiences. If you have a phone and are happy, great, but this particular thread is about helping the OP to make a decision which is a valid request, so some of us are offering up opinions, which I believe is what they were looking for, not drivel that doesn't help with their choice in the long run.

rsarno

Reaction score
I could cycle using the gps and Tracks, listen to music via my stereo bluetooth AND check emails/texts and after 2.5 hours STILL have over 50% battery life left just seemed fantastic to me. I will attempt that with the Inc this week, but I don't see that happening. I would like to, but I'm not hopeful.

Im researching before i buy and read your post. Are you thinking the Inc might be dead in just 2 hours?? That is mind-blowing ...

I knew id need the extended battery, but what will that give me at your rate? 5 hours??

Im very interested in your further feedback, since you are currently trying both. I have the Droid now, and im not digging the weight, and i never use the keyboard. But 2 hours???

Any other more detailed feedback?

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Personally, I go through 3-4 phones a year because I like to sample what's out there and help friends and family make informed choices. I talk about the positive and negatives on sites like this because I like to hear what others have to say about them and hear their experiences. If you have a phone and are happy, great, but this particular thread is about helping the OP to make a decision which is a valid request, so some of us are offering up opinions, which I believe is what they were looking for, not drivel that doesn't help with their choice in the long run.

3-4 phones a year? You got a suger mama or something?

OP
The Droid Lion
Reaction score
Well for those that care I did make a decision. I'm going to keep my Incredible. Why? ... You may not care but I"m telling you.

After going back to the droid one faithful afternoon I came to the realization of something. I couldn't appreciate the Incredible until I didn't have it around anymore. Its like HD tv. Sure at first you would say "I can't really see the difference" but after you get use to it you can't go back to standard def. The Incredible is just a smoother running piece of equipment.

I've played ball on both sides of the field (not a gay joke...) and I have to say that, all though hated, mainly by people who seem jealous, the Incredible is just a better running phone.... The pros out way the cons.

For all those Moto Droid Fan Boys stop being so petty. The Incredible, which just ****ing came out, is a top contender for being a true iPhone killer. Remember all the problems that he Droid had when it first came out anyone!?

The Incredible after 2.2 will be the definitive smart phone until Shadow... If you want to really be a dick just look at all the "Droid vs Incredible" Reviews that have popped up every where. The Incredible is rated higher EVERY TIME! ... and no I'm not a fan boy. I'm a realist.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This name calling is very immature? "Moto Droid Fan Boys"? It goes both ways, there are people who state true facts on why the Droid is better, there are people who state true facts on why the Incredible is better. There are people who exaggerate why the Droid is better, there are people who exaggerate why the Incredible is better. Seems like your post was more of a rant than an opinion.

pmas

Reaction score
Droid:
-Keyboard (some games require a keyboard)
-Battery life
-Huge hacking community
-Root abilties (tether, under/overclock, themeing, etc
-Stock Android if you don't like Sense.

Incredible:
-Sense UI
-Better Camera
-Faster processor (if you don't plan on overclocking your Droid)
-Lighter (But plastic)
-Optical trackball if you like that

Really, in MY opinion, only go with the Incredible if you want Sense UI, or if your phone will be your camera.

Actually, I have to say the opposite. The Inc is a better phone all the way around. Root ability will come with time (kinda silly to use it in a comparison IMO) and you haven't even listed half of the improvements over the moto droid. Looking at the two side by side and using them, there is no contest. If you like to go by specs it's not even close.

I would have to say that the only reason to even look at the moto droid is the physical keyboard, which is going the way of the 8 track tape, or to feel a bit of nostalgia for a phone that USED to be the flagship device for VZW.

People that hang on to this moto droid as a competitor in today's market are probably listening to cassette tapes on their walkman and arguing with their friends how dvds are as good as blu rays. Give it up, it's old tech now, as the Inc will be soon. That's why the new droid will be out soon, the entire market has changed since the relic, errr moto droid came out, and it's time for them to catch up.

Also, the moto droid may really get put down for the count when the shadow comes out if the rumored specs are indeed true. I will admit though that my moto droid I have for work is untouchable in the always important paper weight category.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but the Droid does beat the Incredible in some ways. And oh by the way, the Droid has the better GPU. And better battery life. And better call quality. The Incredible isn't "the better phone all the way around" as you say it. The Incredible is the better phone at certain things, Droid is better at others. Just because it's newer doesn't mean it's better.

Better Call quality? Are you kidding? You are joking right? The call quality on the Droid is absolutely horrific. The call quality on the Incredible is fantastic.
I usually stay out of these debates, but I just couldn't let the "call quality" thing go. By the way, have you not seen the hundreds of Droid Poor call quality threads in the forums? I had a Droid and I can tell you call quality stinks. Blue tooth call quality is also the worst and the Incredible's is perfect.

OP
The Droid Lion
Reaction score
This name calling is very immature? "Moto Droid Fan Boys"? It goes both ways, there are people who state true facts on why the Droid is better, there are people who state true facts on why the Incredible is better. There are people who exaggerate why the Droid is better, there are people who exaggerate why the Incredible is better. Seems like your post was more of a rant than an opinion.

Ok... I do owe the forum members an apology. I did not intend for my post to turn into a "rant".

Sorry for calling some of you fine gentlemen "fan boys".

But, bias opinions are as useful as diarrhea.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Ok... I do owe the forum members an apology. I did not intend for my post to turn into a "rant".

So on the brighter side....how's battery life? Stock battery I assume? Family member is giving me their upgrade, might get the Inc.

Last edited:
OP
The Droid Lion
Reaction score

So on the brighter side....how's battery life? Stock battery I assume? Family member is giving me their upgrade, might get the Inc.

12 hours is what im averaging after changing some settings around. This is with heavy music use. 6-7 hours with moderate data use or games. Much better than the 4 hours I was getting before I changed some atuff around. Awesome phone beyond that. Seriously.... its soooooooo smooth. The Shadow will be out some time around August . It might be worth waiting to check it out.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately, Motoblur is a fail, and Sense has captivated me =) Might wait for the Shadow if htey announce that Motoblur can be turned off.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score

3-4 phones a year? You got a suger mama or something?

Nope. Just a plan with multiple lines (5) that allows me to use the upgrades at varying times so that I get the discounted price. Plus, because I take such good care of my phones, I then sell the outgoing phone, which in turn, gets me funds to apply towards the new device.

I could cycle using the gps and Tracks, listen to music via my stereo bluetooth AND check emails/texts and after 2.5 hours STILL have over 50% battery life left just seemed fantastic to me. I will attempt that with the Inc this week, but I don't see that happening. I would like to, but I'm not hopeful.

Im researching before i buy and read your post. Are you thinking the Inc might be dead in just 2 hours?? That is mind-blowing ...

I knew id need the extended battery, but what will that give me at your rate? 5 hours??

Im very interested in your further feedback, since you are currently trying both. I have the Droid now, and im not digging the weight, and i never use the keyboard. But 2 hours???

Any other more detailed feedback?

Not saying I think it will be dead in 2 hours. I was referring to the fact that I don't think the battery will have as much left after similar usage. Won't be going on a ride that long until the weekend as I only ride for about an hour in the evenings when I can (due to Florida rain), so I can't provide you anything right away. I will say that here it is 4 pm, and I've charged it once today already, but I did use it for 2 1 hour conference calls today, but still.....my Droid could go through several of those calls and not need the charge this one did.