Need Help with Dicision... :(

kmo

Reaction score
Hey if you're not happy move on. Simple solution, no one here can change the fact that you are not satisfied with your purchase. I knew immediately that the INC was a better device for me than the MDroid I had previously. In fact I pre-ordered my INC before even trying it out, that's how sure I was after seeing all the pre ads for the phone itself. Once it was in my hands no doubt it was a the right choice.

OP
The Droid Lion
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately, Motoblur is a fail, and Sense has captivated me =) Might wait for the Shadow if htey announce that Motoblur can be turned off.

HTC Sense is sick nasty awesome. My friend gives me grief for having an Incredible, but I think hes jealous personally. (He has the Droid)

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
I will say that I'm 'enjoying' the Sense UI, but I'm still trying to figure out all that it does. It looks pretty, but I've never used Blur so I can't compare.

rsarno

Reaction score
I will say that I'm 'enjoying' the Sense UI, but I'm still trying to figure out all that it does. It looks pretty, but I've never used Blur so I can't compare.

How does the phone (in your opinion) compare to the Moto Droid? I am about to make the switch, would love your full opinion.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Can't say I've formed a complete opinion yet as there are a few things I'm trying to still figure out. For instance, I'm looking for the setting that allows the screen to stay on while using the map feature (I drive 37 miles one way to work and I use it to see where the traffic is). On the Moto Droid, no settings were needed. When I plugged it in, it stayed on. No questions. On the Incredible, it keeps dimming and then shutting off the screen. May not be a deal breaker to some, but since I use it 5 days a week on a 75 mile round trip, yeah, it makes a difference to me and it's annoying as all hell if I'm plugged in.

I'm going to use it on a trip starting Monday from Florida to Knoxville, TN, so I can give more details as I will really use it in depth then. One week hasn't been enough in my book.

What I will say now is that it is FAST. From installing programs to uploading data to even using it on wi-fi, it's just a faster device. I loaded all of the exact same programs on to the phone except for the Moto Flashlight (as that's a Moto Droid specific proggy). I did this via Appbrain.com which made it a piece of cake. Helps having the additional memory too. But as I posted earlier, faster isn't always better and there are some other trivial items that are making me long for the Droid 2 or whatever it will be called. Plus, I really do miss the keyboard. My typing has slowed on longer emails/text responses, so I will enjoy having that back eventually.

I'll give you more info as I progress.

kmo

Reaction score
For texting I use voice to text (speech) more than I type, phone is pretty good at getting all the text correct for the most part. Faster than typing, not to mention easier, at least for me. In fact I use the voice to text feature for quite a few applications. Great feature to have. I came over to the INC as well from the MDroid and as much as I liked the MDroid I am much happier with my decision to buy the INC. It really is an amazing device. It is a personal choice, it all comes down to preferences of each individuals needs and wants...

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Tell me, have you figured out how to keep the screen on while using maps and being plugged in? I keep searching, but I can't find anyone specifically mentioning that.

Guchi

Reaction score

How does the phone (in your opinion) compare to the Moto Droid? I am about to make the switch, would love your full opinion.

I made the switch and i say the incredible is better in every way, for me.

Guchi

Reaction score
Better Call quality? Are you kidding? You are joking right? The call quality on the Droid is absolutely horrific. The call quality on the Incredible is fantastic.
I usually stay out of these debates, but I just couldn't let the "call quality" thing go. By the way, have you not seen the hundreds of Droid Poor call quality threads in the forums? I had a Droid and I can tell you call quality stinks. Blue tooth call quality is also the worst and the Incredible's is perfect.

+1... and ten char....

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I keep seeing comments about Incredible and Nexus One not having the same games on the market as the Droid, any validity?

If that is the case their going to soon have to fix snapdragon compatibility issues with games as soon as the Shadow comes out.

It just doesn't make any sense

Motorola signed a deal back 2007, I think, to use Texas Instruments chips in their future phones. The Droid uses a T.I. OMAP, recent HTC phones use a Qualcomm Snapdragon.

The different games showing up is probably cuz of different processors. The Shadow/Xtreme should have an OMAP in it, unless Motorola decided to go a different route.

About call quality/reception: look how long the Droid has been out, then look how long the Inc. has been out. Of course u gonna see lots of threads about issues with the Droid.....its been out longer. Lets see how many threads are around in Dec when the Inc. has been out the same length of time. Hey, it may not be alot of Inc. tech issue threads, thats fine. But lets give it time to see how it holds up.

And I got my Droid in Apr. It was manufactured in Mar or April this year. I have had no issues that I keep reading about. Plus, there are Inc. threads about call quality/reception issues too. And I dont mean how many bars it shows, I'm talking about ppl actually trying to use their Inc. and having issues.

Yea, the Inc. has more features than the Droid, there's no doubt about that. But for real, the processors are so similar, the only thing the Inc. has over the Droid inside is a higher clocked cpu. Thats why if you overclock a Droid it can hang with an Inc.

Guchi

Reaction score
^^^ use one. i dont care if the benchmarks say the droid is as fast ir faster. use the Inc and tell me that again. and my call quality sucked on the droid no one could ever hear me (i went through 4 for that issue and others)

kmo

Reaction score
Tell me, have you figured out how to keep the screen on while using maps and being plugged in? I keep searching, but I can't find anyone specifically mentioning that.
As long as I'm in the "directions" mode mine stays on while while navigating to a destination in the car. Maybe someone has more info on this...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^^ use one. i dont care if the benchmarks say the droid is as fast ir faster. use the Inc and tell me that again. and my call quality sucked on the droid no one could ever hear me (i went through 4 for that issue and others)
Which is your experience with the Droid, mine was different. Some ppl had experiences like mine, some ppl had experiences like yours.

Which goes to an excellent point u make: use one. Thats the best way to find out if a phone is good, and good for u.

Hey, I'm just stating info about an OC'ed Droid and the chips in both phones. Blame HTC. :)
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bernard1024

Reaction score
I need help! I am sorry for going off topic, but with permission, may I please? TY!

3 ISSUES

1. How do I get CITYID app off my Incredible?

2. Any one know of a free LED Flashlight app that will work on the Incredible? (I know thats a lame question but I used my LED Flashlight a lot on my old device.)

3!!!!! I just got my Incredible 4 days ago and was just about to propose marriage to it until I took a picture and attached it to an email to myself and hit send......then my phone chimed and alerted me that "unable to send email" this chime continued over and over again every 15 seconds or so until I deleted the email from my outbox

Things I have tried to fix it that have been unsuccessful:
-Calling Verizon
-Sending from a Hotmail account and my native Gmail account
-attaching the file to the email from inside of the photo folder to each of the 2 accounts
-attaching the file from the newly composed email working out of the email compose screens for both accounts
-doing all of the above over again after a battery pull
-taking a smaller picture (lower res and quality) and trying all of the above with that smaller file
-searching forums
-searching google
-giving my phone a good strangle

Please help if you have any info that will allow me to correct this problem, it would be nice if I could have a top of the line phone (opinionated comments not needed here, I like my phone), take a picture with it and be able to send that picture as an attachment from the email address of my choosing.

Thanks in advance for your HIGHLY anticipated feedback!!!!!!

ps....any cool app suggestions? just came off the BB Tour and I'm ready to let it all hang out and have a lil fun and actually be productive with my new Incredible sidekick lol

THANKS AGAIN TO ANYONE WHO TAKES THE TIME TO HELP ME OUT, I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE FOR ANSWERS ON THE EMAIL ISSUE AND HAVE POSTED ON OTHER FORUMS WITH NO LUCK, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. PLEASE HELP!

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
As long as I'm in the "directions" mode mine stays on while while navigating to a destination in the car. Maybe someone has more info on this...

Thanks for the reply. I haven't had a need yet to use directions, but I will be tomorrow on a company road trip up to Tennessee. The original question still remains though no keeping the screen on while plugged in using maps.

Anyone???