Heads up.. Google Wallet Update 3/29

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Heads up guys.. There is a new update for Google Wallet on the market tonight. I updated mine and when I went to run the app, I got a message saying my Google Wallet hasnt been certified on my device/carrier and then the app quits. I am bone stock running 4.0.2.. not rooted or anything.

I uninstalled it and re-installed the leaked version and it looks like everything's back to normal.. I dont know if it's just me and my phone, but just giving a heads up in case someone else has this problem.

EDIT: Looks like it might have been something unique to me since many others are updating with no problem.

Last edited:
OP
C

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Hmm... well nevermind... I decided to try the update again after re-installing the sideloaded leaked version and now it works....

captdroid

Reaction score
I got the GW update prompt today. My GW is tied to the market via forced attached using Titanium Backup. After update today GW is showing version 1.1-R57v4. I havn't used GW in a long time but appears it should work fine if I wanted to use it.

Got just over $8 now on prepaid card since Google gave $5 for 'inconvenience' of GW issues recently.

Last edited:
OP
C

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Yea, 1.1-R57v4 is what I'm showing after today's update..

I never got my extra 5 bucks :(

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Hmm, mine doesn't wanna update from 1.1-R52v4. Also force attached to the market with TB...and last time it prompted me to update. I'll give it until later today,... maybe it just hasn't been pushed here yet.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Yea, 1.1-R57v4 is what I'm showing after today's update..

I never got my extra 5 bucks :(

Why were they giving an extra $5? I got mine sometime last week, I had $15 on my prepaid card when I bought McDonalds with GW on Sunday.

I just updated and it works fine for me still. Though I still have the annoying and ugly, "Unsupported Device" banner across the top.

captdroid

Reaction score
Hmm, mine doesn't wanna update from 1.1-R52v4. Also force attached to the market with TB...and last time it prompted me to update. I'll give it until later today,... maybe it just hasn't been pushed here yet.

Maybe try detaching and force attach again... I know it took a while after first attaching for GW to show available update...

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Maybe try detaching and force attach again... I know it took a while after first attaching for GW to show available update...

I've not had to force attach mine to the market to receive the update notification. Maybe the force attaching could be causing the issue for some?

captdroid

Reaction score
Why were they giving an extra $5? I got mine sometime last week, I had $15 on my prepaid card when I bought McDonalds with GW on Sunday.

I just updated and it works fine for me still. Though I still have the annoying and ugly, "Unsupported Device" banner across the top.

Extra $5 was for 'inconvenience' recent GW problems... yea my understanding is the 'Unsupported Device' is a warning and does not keep GW from working.

wolfman4u

Reaction score
I just tried Google wallet for the first time at mc Donalds an hour ago. It worked and the cashier gal said "how did you do that? " loved it. Now hopefully this upgrade won't slow me down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

captdroid

Reaction score
I've not had to force attach mine to the market to receive the update notification. Maybe the force attaching could be causing the issue for some?

IDK... but I had to force attach for GW market updates since I had side load installed the GW apk...

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Extra $5 was for 'inconvenience' recent GW problems... yea my understanding is the 'Unsupported Device' is a warning and does not keep GW from working.

Oh, sweet! Even though I was never inconvenienced by GW, I'll still take the free moolah! And yeah, it still works despite that being there, works quite well, actually. It's just annoying to have to see it, it's ugly and I am very aesthetically oriented about those types of things. :p

SwagTech

Reaction score
I'm rooted and I get the warning as well. I have never used GW and I have $10 on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums