Gingerbread for Droid x

Droid4Prez

Reaction score
I know that gingerbread was already released but is there a specific date i should expect the update to come to the droid x? Maybe perhaps a certain month? Q1 or Q2?
Because i heard that the droid bionic is coming out in Q2, and it will be coming with froyo, not gingerbread, so i am worried that droid x will get the gingerbread update will come after the bionic comes out.

Answers Please!

Thehaggis

Reaction score
I don't believe Motorola/Verizon were planning to upgrade the Dx to Gingerbread. Maybe we'll get lucky with all the kerfuffle, Samsung is going thru atm.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I don't believe Motorola/Verizon were planning to upgrade the Dx to Gingerbread. Maybe we'll get lucky with all the kerfuffle, Samsung is going thru atm.

That's not true. The Droid x and the Droid 2 will be receiving gingerbread. I would guess sometime around March or April. No specific timeline has been set by Google seeing as how it is up to the phone manufacturers to release the update.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
That's not true. The Droid x and the Droid 2 will be receiving gingerbread. I would guess sometime around March or April. No specific timeline has been set by Google seeing as how it is up to the phone manufacturers to release the update.

Do you have a source for such definitive information?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

wildride89

Reaction score
I.don't even worry about.gingerbread. Most of the roms you download now are fused with gingerbread from keyboard, notification bars, music players, etc. With alot of the technology available build your own update.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
There was a thread a few months back on someone's conversation with a Motorola employee confirming a gingerbread release for the Droid x. You act like you've provided an abundance of sources with you're definitive answer...try doing a little research and you'll see that the general consensus is that the Droid x/2 will be receiving gingerbread.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Droid X will definitely see Gingerbread, as will the D2 and I even believe that the D1 has a shot at seeing it. The only one that's in question is D1.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
There was a thread a few months back on someone's conversation with a Motorola employee confirming a gingerbread release for the Droid x. You act like you've provided an abundance of sources with you're definitive answer...try doing a little research and you'll see that the general consensus is that the Droid x/2 will be receiving gingerbread.

Some thread from some supposed employee is not a definitive source, lots of employees THINK they know something but don't. Plus you can't trust every friend of a friends word. If I am not sure of something, I do not state it as a fact. And general consensus? That means nothing, there used to be a general consensus that we wouldn't get the iphone...
I do tons of research, and am ready to back up any statement that I wrote as fact and not thought.

Thehaggis

Reaction score
You're right, forums never get it wrong. ;)

HOWEVER, having been a sarcastic bawheed, I would sincerely love to be proven wrong.

Worst comes to worst, there's always the root'n'rom option, which is the best anyway.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Some thread from some supposed employee is not a definitive source, lots of employees THINK they know something but don't. Plus you can't trust every friend of a friends word. If I am not sure of something, I do not state it as a fact. And general consensus? That means nothing, there used to be a general consensus that we wouldn't get the iphone...
I do tons of research, and am ready to back up any statement that I wrote as fact and not thought.

Not every statement has to be set in stone to say it. I feel from the people I talk to that it's going to happen, and I'm confident in saying that.

Comparing the iPhone is apples and oranges. I'm not even sure you could say the general consensus was that Verizon wouldn't get the iPhone. I think there were so many rumors about it that it would be hard to judge the general consensus.

If the X and D2 don't get it I'll be shocked. I'm pretty confident they will get Gingerbread. Beyond that I wouldn't care to say.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I personally believe we will get it, but also realize there is a chance that we won't. I just wondered if there was some official statement I had missed.

My comparison to the iphone was simply to show that it doesn't really matter what lots of people think.

OP
D

Droid4Prez

Reaction score
Yeah the Droid x and 2 are getting almost for sure. I can say that for all the articles I read, about 100% say the x is getting it for sure, and like 80% say the 2 is getting it, and a few say the Droid 1 is getting it

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I personally believe we will get it, but also realize there is a chance that we won't. I just wondered if there was some official statement I had missed.

My comparison to the iphone was simply to show that it doesn't really matter what lots of people think.

If you believe that well get it, then why waste time arguing a point that you obviously don't even agree with