Galaxy Nexus No Longer Launching on December 9?

GalaxyNexusLTE

Reaction score
Not to say they have the right to do so (I guess technically they do, but that's another conversation), but remember that Verizon has always seen itself as the "chosen one" among carriers. It sees itself as in another category, another league. Just saying... they really think there's something unique and special about them where they can make up any rules they want. That attitude totally applies to the Galaxy Nexus launch.

poooookah78

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Motorola delayed the bionic to redesign it. Verizon had nothing to do with that, so what makes you think this delay is Verizon's fault and not Google's or Samsung's?

Well considering the manager at a wholesale outlet let me hold his Nexus and play with it, YES LITERALLY... then I know it's not a hardware issue. The phones are shipped and ready to go. I'm over it.....

mikeinctown

Reaction score
How do you like it ? What issues have you experienced?

And of cours, the $1000000 question..........wait for it....

Do you plan on returning it when the Nexus comes out?

Well my issues dealt with battery life and charger problems. The new phone charges so much faster and HTC sent me a new battery. I think the battery life may be crappy on both phones just because they are high def screens and running dual core processors.

The headphones I like a lot... And someone already posted a script to freeze some of the bloat, or actually pretty much any app on the phone you want. So I ran that this morning and no more verizon crap is running in the background nor is it showing up in my app tray. I can't wait for some custom stuff to come out. I would underclock this thing if I could as I haven't had a single glitch yet. Everything is just so smooth and fast.

if I knew someone with the Nexus and it got double the battery life, then maybe I would consider it.

GalaxyNexusLTE

Reaction score
Well considering the manager at a wholesale outlet let me hold his Nexus and play with it, YES LITERALLY... then I know it's not a hardware issue. The phones are shipped and ready to go. I'm over it.....

Echoing this. As someone who's spent enough time with the Nexus, there aren't hardware problems. I'm new to using ICS, but I didn't notice any software issues, really. I'm sure it could use more polish, updated radio files for better signal, etc., but it was fine when I used it.

Raptor007

Reaction score
I'm going with the fact that the Dec 9th date was spread like wildfire and perhaps this isn't supposed to be the "promoted" phone unlike the RAZR & Rezound which they do spend millions on advertising them. Still to yank it for that seems cold, could also just be as also mentioned that not every location has them but really there are no biblical storms out there so they couldn't get them to the stores on time?

Oh well its bound to happen sooner or later.

aretoodeetoo

Reaction score
FWIW -- I just called 2 stores in my area and asked: "Will you have the Galaxy Nexus Phone for sale tomorrow?"

Store 1 - Nope. It's been delayed and we don't know for how long.

Store 2 - Yep, we open at 10am come on in and get it.

Ha!:p

xxpigxx

Reaction score
VZW handling of the Nexus reminds me of SOE and Star Wars Galaxies.

alienware777

Reaction score
FWIW -- I just called 2 stores in my area and asked: "Will you have the Galaxy Nexus Phone for sale tomorrow?"

Store 1 - Nope. It's been delayed and we don't know for how long.

Store 2 - Yep, we open at 10am come on in and get it.

Ha!:p

Go there at 10 and buy one then! :D

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

305rev305

Reaction score
Good news! Just came out from a Verizon store. They have plenty of them in stock. I saw the dumbphone, they didn't want to let me see the real one but they have them in the back. Nice rep told me to comeback on the 15th which is Thursday for sure. LTE problems was why they couldn't start selling them today.

Killuminati

Reaction score
Sigh, another week goes by. The good news is there are not many weeks left in December, and if this phone does come out in 2011, people will riot in the streets.

DDROIDJ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Moto Z Force
Went into the store today and was told by the rep that the 16th would be the date.

Raptor007

Reaction score
That rep is probably off on the 15th and wants you to come back when they are in the store, oh well the 15th it is.

pilot25

Reaction score
Did you consider the Rezound??? Reviews are good so far.

Wanted the best phone available. Rezound isn't a nexus or iphone. If the nexus ever gets past this google wallet problem I'm returning the iphone. It's a great phone but I miss the google maps nav, all the widgets, etc.... You don't have to be a rooter to enjoy the android. In fact, I think it's more enjoyable without root. Seems everyone I know who rooted their various phones are spending all their time trying to figure out why certain things aren't working properly after rooting.

There definitely is a problem with the google wallet legaleaze. Which is ridiculous since pay by phone isn't going to be popular until apple incorporates it. companies don't care if android is better at NFC. They aren't going to spend capital, in this economy, on something that the average joe hasn't heard of. Since Google has no idea what marketing is, all this fuss and delay is just each company jockeying for the pay by phone position when it hits the big time in a few years.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wanted the best phone available. Rezound isn't a nexus or iphone. If the nexus ever gets past this google wallet problem I'm returning the iphone. It's a great phone but I miss the google maps nav, all the widgets, etc.... You don't have to be a rooter to enjoy the android. In fact, I think it's more enjoyable without root. Seems everyone I know who rooted their various phones are spending all their time trying to figure out why certain things aren't working properly after rooting.

There definitely is a problem with the google wallet legaleaze. Which is ridiculous since pay by phone isn't going to be popular until apple incorporates it. companies don't care if android is better at NFC. They aren't going to spend capital, in this economy, on something that the average joe hasn't heard of. Since Google has no idea what marketing is, all this fuss and delay is just each company jockeying for the pay by phone position when it hits the big time in a few years.

Just to clear things up, "rooting" doesn't do anything to your phone, it just gives you the permission to install custom modifications.