Galaxy Nexus on Verizon Appears Headed for Release Just After Black Friday

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Need a post from liderc just to reference his signature right now.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

Heh, think you mean Sbenson.

But, here's his sig:
sigpic162628_6.gif

gtofan350

Reaction score
December is going to require some tough decisions. I was pretty set on getting the Razr but after reading about the GNex I'm not too sure now. I like the idea of having pure vanilla ics with no bloat but I think I like the form factor of the Razr and moto's focus to make it more durable. Probably the best thing to do is go to the VZW store and play with them all, see how they feel in my hand.

jeff2053

Reaction score
I know theres noything quite like actually getting these phones in your hands But which phone razr or nexus wil be more sunlight viewable? Any opinions or can we tell by the specs.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know theres noything quite like actually getting these phones in your hands But which phone razr or nexus wil be more sunlight viewable? Any opinions or can we tell by the specs.

Tough to say at this point. Both use Pentile technology. The Razr will probably be similar to the Bionic, which was excellent in sunlight. The Nexus, we'll just have to wait and see...

mikeinctown

Reaction score
OK, guys, just because someone on another forum says so, doesn't mean it is the truth. in this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/178655-galaxy-nexus-coming-out-november-10th.html there is a screenshot of the dates for the MAP pricing on several phones. the Razr is clearly listed with the date of the 27th of October, which is by the way the date they started taking pre-orders. they list the GN as the 10th which may be a launch date, or a pre-order date. If it is a pre-order date, the phone will likely come out a few weeks later. (black friday) If it is the launch date, well we have a week to wait. lol

iGrizz

Reaction score
So let me get this straight. Verizon wants to bloat up the GNasty but Google obviously won't let them because it's a Dev's phone and they don't like bloatware. If Verizon is trying to quietly push this device out and not bother really advertising it what makes you think they gonna take pre-orders for it?

If they don't want to advertise then they would not throw a large PRE-ORDER YOUR GALAXY NEXUS TODAY party. If you go onto their website the Galaxy Nexus page is practically hidden.

I don't think they will be doing pre-orders for this particular phone because they simple don't care about it as much as the Rezound and RAZR.

I want this phone badly and I can't wait for it but we gotta be patient. My thunderbolt has been faithful and I will keep it around once I switch over to the GSexus.

Last edited by a moderator:

diggy488

Reaction score
Yesterday I was on the phone with a Verizon rep regarding my plan. And since I had a rep on the phone, I asked if she'd heard anything regarding the Nexus. Totally new to her. I walked her through the VZW site so she could see the Galaxy banner. As iGrizz mentioned, Verizon isn't very focused on the Nexus, which is fine with me! I'll be one of the few that gets this beast locally.

DamirD1984

Reaction score
Yesterday I was on the phone with a Verizon rep regarding my plan. And since I had a rep on the phone, I asked if she'd heard anything regarding the Nexus. Totally new to her. I walked her through the VZW site so she could see the Galaxy banner. As iGrizz mentioned, Verizon isn't very focused on the Nexus, which is fine with me! I'll be one of the few that gets this beast locally.

LOLZ... hopefully they will rank it as a mid-tier device with a mid-tier price, since a lot of their mid-tier phones, are not getting any significant attention and publicity ;-p...