Galaxy Nexus No Longer Launching on December 9?

pool_shark

Reaction score
You know... I've finally hit my breaking point w/ VZW. Honestly, if I wasn't grandfathered into the data package, I'd have switched to ATT weeks ago to get the GS2. First it was the Bionic clusterF@#$ back in the very beginning of the year, now this. WTF VZW? I'm officially over the excitement... VZW has officially ruined this launch.....

If I remember correctly, Motorola delayed the bionic to redesign it. Verizon had nothing to do with that, so what makes you think this delay is Verizon's fault and not Google's or Samsung's?

smokiedabong

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Motorola delayed the bionic to redesign it. Verizon had nothing to do with that, so what makes you think this delay is Verizon's fault and not Google's or Samsung's?

And how do you think they are planing to redesign over 100.000 units that have been shipped and received in stores ?

Hugg727

Reaction score

This isnt a hardware issue, its been confirmed that the stores have stock. I find it hard to believe that Samsung would ship thousands of defective units to all of the retail locations. Now software is a totally different story that can be addressed OTA.

mzjin

Reaction score
Sounds like serious software/firmware/LTE issues popping up.

Something is not getting up to Samsung or Google's standards (we know VZW has none), I'm guessing it's dropping LTE data or severe battery life issues.

scdown

Reaction score
I just think someone needs to tell me.. Do I need to be at VZW friday morning at opening time.. Or should I sleep in... Sleep is important to me.. But I'd deal without it for the Galaxy Nexus!!

Find a friend who's impeccably trustworthy, but not too bright, and have them wait in line for you.

pool_shark

Reaction score
And how do you think they are planing to redesign over 100.000 units that have been shipped and received in stores ?

This isnt a hardware issue, its been confirmed that the stores have stock. I find it hard to believe that Samsung would ship thousands of defective units to all of the retail locations. Now software is a totally different story that can be addressed OTA.

It happens with cars all the time.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Glad I bought my rezound three weeks back. Have had some issues but I got a new replacement. All is better now. (Charger issue internal in phone) I can't imagine how upset I would be sitting here waiting week after week.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums.

Hugg727

Reaction score
Glad I bought my rezound three weeks back. Have had some issues but I got a new replacement. All is better now. (Charger issue internal in phone) I can't imagine how upset I would be sitting here waiting week after week.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums.

How do you like it ? What issues have you experienced?

And of cours, the $1000000 question..........wait for it....

Do you plan on returning it when the Nexus comes out?

jeff0r3

Reaction score
I just talked to local vzw. He said they will launch online tonoght at midnight, and that they are expecting a shipmwnt in today or romorrow....

maniaryan

Reaction score
again i take everything with a grain of salt, when i called 4 stores yesterday, one actually said "did you say gallery nexus". Almost gave me a reason to throw my OG into the ocean, but i could never do that to my baby :happy3:

Raptor007

Reaction score
I will stop into my local store tomorrow, or at least call ahead and see what's what.

Hugg727

Reaction score
I just talked to local vzw. He said they will launch online tonoght at midnight, and that they are expecting a shipmwnt in today or romorrow....

And it only gets better....:mad:

Way to go VZW, thanks for letting ALL of your stores and employees know what the company line is on this. The story varies from store to store, no consistent message at all. Plus, all you had to do is make an official announcement that "its delay for unforeseen reasons and is coming out dd/mm/yyyy.

Do you guys think that AT&T TMo and sprint are taking notes on what not to do for a launch?

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Do you guys think that AT&T TMo and sprint are taking notes on what not to do for a launch?

I don't think they have to , if you look at their history they usually announce their phones and launch them same time with the rest of the world , not months after or never .