Froyo is NOT coming for Fascinate

MissDixie256

Reaction score
I had a different touch screen Samsung Device (Reality) and they sent me a Fascinate after I had 3 repacement devices with that. Over the years I have changed models of phones several times this way. I am not a 'techie' user but I definately use it for a lot of talking and txting and if I cannot use what I am paying for then someone has to fix it. lol

shanewprice

Reaction score
Conversation with Samsung Rep.

Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Alexander '

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK4380627696X

Alexander : Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
Shane: I am a Verizon Wireless customer who owns a Samsung Fascinate.
Shane: I called Verizon Wireless today and asked them when we were going to receive the Android 2.2 (Froyo) update for the Fascinate. They said that I needed to contact Samsung for that information.
Shane: So now I am contacting Samsung.
Alexander : I understand that you want to know about 2.2 on your phone model. Am I correct?
Shane: Yes.
Alexander : Thank you for confirming.
Alexander : Let me check for the information on your request.
Shane: Very well.
Alexander : Thanks.
Alexander : “Unfortunately, as of now there is no official information on the release date of the Android 2.2 from Samsung and you will be notified by the carrier and in the Samsung website when/if the update is released. We are unable to speculate when/if a software revision might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion. “
Shane: No problem. I will never by another Samsung product again. This has been one run around right after another. Samsung needs to give its customers a straight answer.
Shane: Verizon tells me to contact you, you tell me I will find out when from Verizon. Who is lying? You or them?
Shane: I paid six hundred dollars for this phone and was promised a Froyo upgrade which has not happened.
Alexander : Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Alexander : I understand your concern about the release, I will pass your message to the concerned department.
Shane: LOL Sure you will.

Jerome900

Reaction score
Thats awsome. I needed something to make me smile...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Jerome900

Reaction score
I bet your facial exspression was priceless.. Lmao

mysticdroid

Reaction score
I've had my fascinate for about a week now and rooted it after about a day. I feel like the story of our phone is pretty complicated.

First I think verizon has enjoyed having ultimate control over phone interfaces. Second I think microsoft threw a few million dollars at verizon to put Bing on their next smart phone. Third the galaxy S series was samsungs first attempt at a real smart phone and didn't understand that the device isn't just a phone but a computer which needs software updates. This caused a perfect storm. Samsung modified the OS for verizon to satisfy microsoft making the i500 a separate branch from other sgs phones. For them to maintain it requires totally separate resources of the phones. I don't think it's been proven to them that the i500 is worth the effort.

I for one am fairly happy with my phone but I realize that it's potential is being crushed by the lack of development from samsung.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

kennydied23

Reaction score
Seeing as how there's leaks for froyo dated december 2010 and february 2011, I think they're still working on it and they'll bring it to us soon.

Knoxgolf4

Reaction score
Just thought I would update the current answers from a Sumsung Agent to go alongside of the one above....see the differences?? LOL

rt_arrow.gif
Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
rt_arrow.gif
You are now chatting with 'Roger'.
rt_arrow.gif
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK4380668789X
Roger: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
Visitor: hi, I own a Galaxy S Fascinate and was just curious as to when we might see the update that every other Galaxy S device is getting...we've all been given the run-around by VZW and keep getting told it's coming, it's coming....
Roger: I understand that you would like to know the information regarding the Android 2.2 upgrade on the handset. Am I correct ?
Visitor: yes
Roger: Thank you for confirming.
Roger: Unfortunately, as of now there is no official information on the release date of the Android 2.2 from Samsung and you will be notified by the carrier and in the Samsung website when/if the update is released. We are unable to speculate when/if a software revision might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion.
Roger: Once it is released it will be posted on the Samsung Website.
Visitor: Is there any reason for me to speculate that 2.2 will be passed by and an update to 2.3 will come instead?
Visitor: that's a rumor that's been passed around lately as well
Roger: As the Android 2.2 upgrade software is not yet released, hence there is no relevant information available. I do not want to provide you any wrong information.
Visitor: Have you been given a reason as to the hold up on 2.2 on this device when all the other Galaxy S devices have it already?
Roger: I would have surely helped, if I had any information regarding them. I hope you would understand our limitations.
Visitor: I don't exactly understand, seeing as I would think the company would be able to share that kind of simple information with it's reps/customer service agents....
Visitor: but thank you for the information..
Roger: I understand your concern.
Roger: But we are not provided with any information regarding the update release date. I just do not want to provide any assuming information.
Roger: Once the update is released, we will surely inform you. :r_c:

seafau

Reaction score
anybody know about this?????

was just told from samsung that 2.2 was previously released for download but not ota, then pulled because of "problems" that were experienced by some people, of course they wouldn't elaborate. But that it "is being remedied"... sounds like bs to me, first time ive heard anything about it.

Vyvid

Reaction score
Lol@ "the concerned department"

tfotos

Reaction score
What you said makes perfect sense. Once 2.2 comes out I will be a happy camper. If in another month or so I still have 2.1 then I am going to figure out how to root.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
At least this is what I'm hearing from other blogs and unverifiable sources. Instead, at the end of March we may be seeing an update directly to 2.3 Gingerbread.

I'll believe it when I see it.

What does everyone else think about this?

I'm waiting for more info...

I hope to god this is true so they can use it to fix the 3g cdma bug on the droid's gb

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Galahede

Reaction score
Back in September when I purchased my phone through Verizon online, I spoke with a rep. She told me that my phone would arrive with 2.2 on it.

6 months later, I'm still sporting 2.1 lol.

It really doesn't bother me. I think this is one of the best droid phones out there. It does everything I need and more. I don't seem to miss 2.2 as much as some of you.

Air conditioning and the DVR were my top 2 inventions of all time. If we get an app so the droid can provide air conditioning, it'll be #1! dancedroid OK, maybe the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport is up there too.