Whats this....Froyo for the Fascinate is finally available....NO.....

Eyethinkikn0wu

Reaction score
I just updated to 2.2 and noticed the old root no longer works with wireless tether even though I still have superuser icon in my apps screen.

What is the process to root the fascinate in 2.2?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

miket81

Reaction score
My gps is working way better. It may be an issue with your phone. I would talk to VZW.

Thanks, i'm going to give it another try before I contact Verizon. i also couldn't find my bookmarks for quite some time until I finally realized where they were.

ziggy484

Reaction score
Yes, am I missing something else I should or shouldn't have done?

browser settings, enable plugins, did you try that?

Sent from a Superclean Voodoo Fascinate

Reaction score
I'm glad we finally got flash and faster speeds, but I now have to charge my phone twice a day. I come out to my car after work and it is down to like 25% (from full)! I've adjusted all my power settings and the battery shows major drainage only from the monitor...and I have that on power save...anyone have any ideas?

Read my post above. It's possible to have better battery life than ever with 2.2. I know I am.

You don't need to have data turned on at all times with your phone service. And when you kick mobile data to 'on' everything (data associated) updates/refreshes immediately.

...so I tried this. I charged up (was only at 85% when I got to work this morning), turned the Mobile Data off, then put my phone in standby and went in to work. I came out after 8 hours, looked at my phone and the battery was down to 19%! WTF!? On a 12 mile ride home my phone already beeped at me because of dead battery warning. This update sucks! Is there any way to go back to 2.1? At least with that my phone lasted all day... I hate Samsung, what a way to ruin a seemingly great phone... I will never buy Samsung again...

Reaction score
I'm glad we finally got flash and faster speeds, but I now have to charge my phone twice a day. I come out to my car after work and it is down to like 25% (from full)! I've adjusted all my power settings and the battery shows major drainage only from the monitor...and I have that on power save...anyone have any ideas?

Read my post above. It's possible to have better battery life than ever with 2.2. I know I am.

You don't need to have data turned on at all times with your phone service. And when you kick mobile data to 'on' everything (data associated) updates/refreshes immediately.

...so I tried this. I charged up (was only at 85% when I got to work this morning), turned the Mobile Data off, then put my phone in standby and went in to work. I came out after 8 hours, looked at my phone and the battery was down to 19%! WTF!? On a 12 mile ride home my phone already beeped at me because of dead battery warning. This update sucks! Is there any way to go back to 2.1? At least with that my phone lasted all day... I hate Samsung, what a way to ruin a seemingly great phone... I will never buy Samsung again...

...just called VZW, they had me pull my battery, update my roaming and am now going to monitor it until Monday... Let's hope this might have done it... :(

Wabbitinspace

Reaction score
Wow you guys are having crazy problems. My battery seems to be fine. I am however not impressed at all with this update. I dont see an improvement in speed. Swype seems better though. But a quadrant score of only 985-995 is lame, thats only higher by somewhere im the 100s.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I would be disappointed if I owned a fascinate. It means you guys are never going to get gingerbread, even after the froyo has grown mold.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

AllForNaught

Reaction score

I am absolutely not having this problem. My phone has been on for over 5 hours now, with use, and at 91%.

Make certain you're closing apps after use, and check your RAM Manager.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Addendum: is it possible your battery needs replaced? Your phone is acting exactly like the battery isn't holding a charge.

Batteries don't last as long in anddroid smartphones as they do in standard cell phones, and if you're using data functions as often as you say, you may have killed the batt.

Hello Droid

Reaction score
Im having battery issues after the update. The only new variable introduced on my phone was froyo. I did not have an issue prior to the update. Seriously, WTF!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

tenacious bee

Reaction score

...just called VZW, they had me pull my battery, update my roaming and am now going to monitor it until Monday... Let's hope this might have done it... :(

Having the same problem with the wife's fascinate. I can't see how updating the local tower list is going to effect battery life but i'll give it a try.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Scubamike

Reaction score
Battery life...

My wife's Fascinate is also experiencing significantly reduced battery life. My first thought was to update the roaming capabilities as well, but today is the second full day with Froyo and the situation is the same unfortunately.

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
I would be disappointed if I owned a fascinate. It means you guys are never going to get gingerbread, even after the froyo has grown mold.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I've been looking at alot of post about the D2 people are complaining about it to so its not just this phone. Mine is fast and very reliable, so it sounds to be randomly happening on all devises. And we do have froyo. Its on lots of peoples fascinates. No mold here. I've even seen it on the TB.

EC01
blue steel theme
EC10_voodoo 1.25oc

M

Mwsr

Battery life is terrible after froyo has cut about 3-4hrs off the life of my extended battery. Very disappointing looks like I may be switching phones even after waiting forever on froyo

can + string on 2.1

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but rooting really unlocks the true potential of the fascinate. Vzw has crippled it somewhat and rooting will set it free. While rooting is a bit risky, it was worth it for me. The fascinate blows other phones out of the water once rooted.

But like I said previously most devices see this battery issue once a new android os is introduced. So keep reporting the issue to vzw and maybe they will send out a patch like they did for other devices when they got froyo.

sent from my rooted nook color