Finally-2.2 update

Buckshotmini

Reaction score
Home ›News ›Froyo finally coming to Samsung's Epic 4G and Fascinate
Froyo finally coming to Samsung's Epic 4G and Fascinate
Posted: 09 Feb 2011, 00:48Categories: Verizon, Sprint, Samsung,

Good news for users of the Samsung Epic 4G and the Samsung Fascinate; in just a couple of weeks you will finally get an official update to Android 2.2 which we can all agree was way overdue.

Yes, there is a possibility that something will happen and the update will be delayed, again. This wouldn’t come as a surprise, as this is not the first time word of the Froyo update surfaced. Getting the update first is the Samsung Epic 4G for Sprint. It is said to be coming over-the-air on February 21st.

Following in its footsteps is fellow Galaxy S device the Samsung Fascinate for Verizon. The update for this device would come the next day, February 22nd. But once again, we have heard this before so try not to get too excited because it may just set you up for another letdown.

It has been months, but Froyo could finally find its way to a couple more Galaxy S devices. Tell us what you think in the comments below.

GDP

Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
B

Buckshotmini

Reaction score
Yeah, me too! Something to look forward to and perhaps be let down again. But i have heard this same date before. My husband works for Verizon and can't verify this either but said if was confirmed as a "credible rumor". How is that for a straight forward answer?? Oxymoron is more like it.

_Killer_

Reaction score
I'm dieing for the update.... just rooted but am gonna wait to see if the rumor is true, to do anything else.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I bet its true. They updated the vibrant weeks ago and I had a feeling the fascinate would be right behind it. Although the vibrant had to be updated through kies on a pc, so maybe they took extra time to get ota working.

tappin and a talkin

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Eb01 is the best.

wessiide

Reaction score
I'm so jaded at this point I won't even believe it if its downloaded and installed on my phone. I'll still be making where is froyo?! posts.

Scott2373

Reaction score
After this debacle, I vow never to buy another Samsung product if this is the treatment their customers receive.

forstir9

Reaction score
This is my first smartphone. Without froyo this is the best phone I have ever owned. If it wasn't for the fact that we know froyo has been released on most of the other phones than most people wouldn't complain. I had a env touch and in 2 years I think it did one update. I never expected update with any other phone I have ever owned. I am not sure where the update guarantee was written in the contact I signed. I did download the 2.2 leak but that was my choice and it was a chance I took that could have made my phone a brick. Like I said before when I was on 2.1 the Fascinate was still the best phone I have ever owned. If you want froyo so bad than you don't have to wait for the OTA.

Froyo 2.2 thanks to the devs

AllForNaught

Reaction score
After this debacle, I vow never to buy another Samsung product if this is the treatment their customers receive.

I'm pretty much feeling the same way.

Lol. You people... Well, I'm glad I'm not so inclined. I've nothing but good experiences with my Fascinate, and if you'll peruse the other droid phone threads, you'll see that the grass isn't always greener with froyo.

Jamis0n

Reaction score

I'm pretty much feeling the same way.

Lol. You people... Well, I'm glad I'm not so inclined. I've nothing but good experiences with my Fascinate, and if you'll peruse the other droid phone threads, you'll see that the grass isn't always greener with froyo.

Except with rooting.

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

bball1794

Reaction score
Eb01 is the best.

Jamison,
What do you think makes EB01 better then DL30? I'm running DL30 now and wondering if/why its worth changing over.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Eb01 is the best.

Jamison,
What do you think makes EB01 better then DL30? I'm running DL30 now and wondering if/why its worth changing over.

I've ran dl30, SC 1.0 and 2.1 - 2.4 and it was bit down hill at 2.1 but it quickly got better and better even being non voodoo.

Quadrant score today was 1031. Runs smooth and sns sync works good. All functions of dl30 is there.

Its just the Odin of the new modem for eb01, wipes and then install from zip. It was a snap, and I'm happier with my phone than I have ever been, even under most of the dissatisfaction that most fascinate ppl have.

The thing is, android is a new system for many. They're used to the companies and manufacturers making everything for them. Android was made with open source software which can be manipulated by devs and even the common user, which is amazing to see so many different apps, roms, themes, which are, yes, not encouraged by the any of the them [manufacturers and carriers] but it is by Google. Jailbreaking an iPod gives everything for free aka stealing from apple. Rooting gives access for the complete vision of android, a fingerprint. Yours on your phone and Google's in the world, with a device many can call their phone.

Read tutorials. Review posts. Many people on these forums need hell or like to help. But make the first steps by learning just a smidge about it.

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.