It's not Froyo but it's something - new update coming

Gags1892

Reaction score
About to DL...any software notices?

Moving quicker/smoother? Changes?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those of you waiting on the Verizon Samsung Fascinate update to drop -- well, it's dropping now. A recap for what's in store:

• Instant notification of Visual Voice Mail in the messaging bar.
  • Improved sync between phone and e-mail accounts.
  • Prompt notification when switching to airplane mode.
  • Faster switching from 3G to 1x RTT.
  • Search phone while on a call.
  • Improved Exchange password alerts.
  • No Service audio alert removed.

filthy1

Reaction score
To all that got the update do you have any of the bloatware deleted?? or just renamed?? just curious if it is like the X and wouldn't let you delete things and still get the OTA.

Hawk

Reaction score
I keep getting an error when I try the download. Is anyone else getting one. I am rooted but I have not removed any of the stock files. I renamed Bing, but I put it back to normal. Now the phone is telling me there are no updates.

Hawk

Reaction score
So what are you thinking we need to drop route to get the update. Are you going to try it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You cannot install a new OTA update on a rooted phone. You need to remove the root and make sure your original ROM is installed. I think with the Fascinate you don't have a custom ROM so that shouldn't be an issue.

filthy1

Reaction score
You cannot install a new OTA update on a rooted phone. You need to remove the root and make sure your original ROM is installed. I think with the Fascinate you don't have a custom ROM so that shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah we will have to drop root until the recovery images get solid enough that we can install them through an update zip instead of OTA

Hawk

Reaction score
Wow all that effort and now I have to go back. Anyone know the easy way to drop root.

filthy1

Reaction score
Wow all that effort and now I have to go back. Anyone know the easy way to drop root.

ok...i have been trying to get my phone back to stock for the better part of today just for this stupid update and so I know what to expect/do when froyo comes out...I have been using the odin restore and have restored the system, the kernal, etc etc..have done a factory reset and wiped all data several times and for whatever reason I can not lose my root access....the rom manager app says I need root but superuser is still granting access and root explorer still works so I don't know what else to do any one with ideas let me know?!?!?

Tominator

Reaction score
the update was crap anyways, i cant believe they didnt fix the soft touch keys dimming too quickly ...nice verizon

filthy1

Reaction score
the update was crap anyways, i cant believe they didnt fix the soft touch keys dimming too quickly ...nice verizon

i understand that but I would like to be able to get froyo when it comes out and if I can't this thing properly un rooted then I won't be able to...

filthy1

Reaction score