Froyo 2.2.1 Coming 4/14/2011

LostinBlackHills

Reaction score
Non-Rooted Froyo 2.2.1 Coming 4/14/2011

After waiting 7 months for the wife's Fascinate to update to the promised Froyo 2.2, it is finally happening tomorrow after sending a negative email to Verizon Corporate last night and receiving a personal phone call from them this morning....things are happening to change the situation we have all endured.

My wife is getting a replacement phone for FREE because of all the trouble we have gone through in trying to get a straight answer on....Where is Froyo 2.2?

Oh, did I forgot to mention, the replacement phone is a certified like new Droid X...just like mine. dancedroid

If you call or email Verizon and complain enough, you can replace the Fascinate with another phone of your choice, but it won't be brand new. Of course you have to send back your Fascinate (free) via FedEx.

Join the band wagon and dump the Samsung Fascinate.

Being new to the forum, please give me a little slack. I didn't want to root either phone as I love Verizon's customer service and didn't want to void the warranty. My main intent is to draw attention to Samsumg, Google, and Verizon for not pulling together and leaving Fascinate non-techie owners to sit and wait for something that may never come.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I guess lucky for most all Fascinate users we are already running Froyo 2.2.1 in one form or another and its miles ahead of anything VZW/Sammy will release...

So i'm happy with my phone....Droid X is a nice phone as well but its bland in comparison IMHO, especially the screen...

Glad you got a new phone though...

JJ Lovefool

Reaction score
Not a very good post name, but good idea on the hassling. Sad thing is that I bought my phone and my brothers phone at the same time buy one get one half off and he chose the Droid X and I the Fascinate. I wish I would have gone with the X as I do not wasnt to void warranty by rooting my phone and getting froyo. :/

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not a very good post name, but good idea on the hassling. Sad thing is that I bought my phone and my brothers phone at the same time buy one get one half off and he chose the Droid X and I the Fascinate. I wish I would have gone with the X as I do not wasnt to void warranty by rooting my phone and getting froyo. :/

Its just as easy to unroot as it is to root with ODIN so really theres only advantages, no real disadvantages

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
No doubt, we have froyo and loving it. Phone has been very fast sense I did it. Yeah the X is ok but you couldn't give it to me now.

Superfreakenclean 2.9.2 PB&J

CC268

Reaction score

I felt the same way, however after research there are absolutely no drawbacks really, and my phone is SO much faster now nd more fun overall

M

Mwsr

Old news they gave me a choice to.swap out for a x,incredible or TB.. also Just got a free extended battery from Verizon.. still may swap out for TB but reviews on that sent great either..

can + string on 2.1

wanaker

Reaction score
Can I get the email address you sent it to?

soulshot96

Reaction score
They gave you the option to swap it for an thunderbolt? Tell me exactly what you said please! I hate this phone! And I want a thunderbolt!

M

Mwsr

I always Just call 611. I call in anytime I have a issue and Complain that way they have a long record of my.problems. I told them my phone came out after the x and incredible there for I felt those were downgrades and obviously since I chose my phone over those I didn't want them. I told them that I feel the only.comparible phone is the TB. this was like within the 1st few days it released. They told me they would swap me out for one but I would need to wait until some got returned and checked so they could send me a certified referb..

can + string on 2.1

M

Mwsr

Not sure if it matters but I also have 3 lines and have been a customer for about 15 yrs.

can + string on 2.1

soulshot96

Reaction score
Ha! They told me that that only happens in special cases! How did this call go exactly. Sorry but I'm desperate!