Fission updates via FRM for d2g...

spiderman

Reaction score
i'm useing the one that says for droid 2 global only witch is the 2.4.3

spiderman

Reaction score
the steps i used is the z4root then bootstraper then downloaded fission rom manger lite picked fission for globa only then loaded into clockloader wiped data an cache and installe from sd installed fission and rebooted

OP
tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know what you could have done. Try installing the full stock, deodexed, busybox rom and then reflash fission using th frm. That's the only sure fire way I can think of. Im at work so I will have to get back to you later. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Bense

Reaction score
Are you sure you are suing the correct version? There is only one that works for d2g. That one is 2.4.3... I also don't know what steps you took to install it. I have not had any issues with this rom. Everything I have found suggests that you may be using the wrong version.

It is difficult to take you seriously when you have not provided details as to what exactly you have done.

I'm simply assuming that you've got a d2g that originally had 2.4.330 stock rom, then rooted, then installed Fission Rom Manager 1.2.4

What version of Fission did you download with your Fission Rom manager 1.2.4?
I just did it and it pulled this file: D2_Global_Fission_2.4.3.zip

You have numerous people on here that are questioning how to obtain similar results. If you are going to take the time to create this thread, please provide us some details of your discoveries.

spiderman

Reaction score
ok i have d2g with with android version 2.2 and system version 2.4.330 i went and got the z4root and rooted it and then downloaded the frmlite 1.3.4 and then downloaded the d2g fission 2.4.3 and installed with wipe and rebooted and its not giveing me gmail i also have bootstrper

OP
tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
I have never claimed to have the answers. As stated previously, I went ahead and tried using frm for the addons and it worked just fine. I went from the stock deodexed, busybox version which I also stated in an earlier reply. I used frm for the whole process. I never did anything manually. Sorry for the misinformation but this was never inteaded to be a tutorial, I was asking for help and just went ahead and used frm and everything worked.

OP
tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Okay everyone, I posted some information on the OP of this thread and it is quite literally the extent of my knowledge on this rom. Furthermore, I do not appreciate being called out in front of God and everybody since I have never claimed to have any answers and I never offered anyone any help. This thread was a request for insight and I eventually found out the easy way. Since then, this thread has come to life with requests and PMs and others who "...find it difficult to take me seriously"(I never asked to be taken seriously, thanks). So the info is there if you are having trouble finding it anywhere else. Feel free to discuss, just don't give me any s**t if you can't figure it out or if it doesn't work for you... just sayin.

keolawills

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any bugs so far. But then again I was looking for specific things that were problematic on other roms. What kind of bugs have you found?

Call screen stays off sometimes, have to batt pull. Internet browser, I have to use google search page, I can't use the address bar or it will fc. Also it will randomly reboot, and go into a cycle sometimes. I've messed with a bunch of stuff though, overclocking, frozen bloatware, stagefright, etc. Other than the random reboot the other bugs don't bother me.

OP
tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
I wish I had a good answqer for you and I hope someone with some real knowledge comes along with a fix. I use dolphin browser(no problem). Other than that, I don't have any of the issues that u arw having so I wish u the best and hopefully someone with some experience can help u out.

kickyindahead

Reaction score
for anyone having trouble with fission rom for the d2g .. follow the directions on this page ... pretty easy to follow ... dont skip any steps and read it as many times as you have to .. you should have no problem whatsoever with this rom ... but of course i could be wrong ... its been known to happen from time to time ...

Install Instructions and Downloads | Team DeFuse

OP
tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Which is exactly what I added to the OP. Just sayin...

satoru

Reaction score
Csv file is like a backup of your contacts you can make one on your phone before you flash if you didn't then you goto your Verizon account which tells you how to use your gmail to create one. I have not read the op since it was redone but all of the problems as easily solved by doing a google search or by following the step by step on the actual dev sites.