[ROM]Fission 2.3.1 RC2 Droid2 Global-Vanilla Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager

chris975d

Reaction score
No worries! Didn't mean to sound like I was rushing you, I can see that you are quite busy. Just asking about the new Market apk so that I make sure I don't install it. :)

this one seems to be working great so far! Thanks! So are you suggesting that we not install the new market apk yet? And even though the first post in this thread still talks about "What's new in RC2", should we assume that the US SIM card functions are still not included yet (i.e. we still can't use AT&T SIM cards in the phone in the US)?

had the same question about the sim card

No I do not have the sim card packages in there yet. I think some blur is required for them. Once I am done with the base of the ROM I will start adding some of that stuff in.

ROM is almost final...just some graphis to fix up and that's about it if all the functions are working correctly.

I am suggesting to not install new market yet, seems funky but do as you please.

Yes it is RC4, I may have just forgot to change the install script to reflect that. Been working on this ROM FRM, webiste and the D2 and DX ROMs too so it is a bit hectic around here :)

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Did not take it like you were rushing me :)

RC4 I think the packages are straigh with the RC4 build so if no issues come up it will be just fixing up some visuals which can be issued as a hotfix to bring it up to release.

Themes and other add_ons will be coming in the next few days...

I am handling the D2G work myself so I am more comfortable with testing it and then releasing it myself. Last thing I would want is anyone to brick their phones. Been there and done that a couple of times now...

Anyone have any issues with RC4 so far? Seems like good feedback has been coming in so we are close to final :)

No worries! Didn't mean to sound like I was rushing you, I can see that you are quite busy. Just asking about the new Market apk so that I make sure I don't install it. :)

had the same question about the sim card

No I do not have the sim card packages in there yet. I think some blur is required for them. Once I am done with the base of the ROM I will start adding some of that stuff in.

ROM is almost final...just some graphis to fix up and that's about it if all the functions are working correctly.

I am suggesting to not install new market yet, seems funky but do as you please.

Yes it is RC4, I may have just forgot to change the install script to reflect that. Been working on this ROM FRM, webiste and the D2 and DX ROMs too so it is a bit hectic around here :)

chris975d

Reaction score
Do you know if there's anything different in the graphics capabilities between your build and the OEM ROM? In watching my phone while running the Quadrant Standard benchmarks, it seems that my phone is testing out at much lower frames per second (FPS) on the last few 3D graphics benchmarks. I haven't seen above mid-20's in the FPS on any of the tests, whereas on stock shipping ROM I saw quite a bit higher. Ironically, my "overall" Quadrant test score is higher than stock, but it seems graphics my have taken a hit. Again, this is a synthetic benchmark, and the phone does seem faster with the Fission ROM in real world use, but I don't do a whole lot of gaming (where the GPU speed would matter more). Have you noticed anything like this? Could it just be an issue with that particular benchmark?

RC4 I think the packages are straigh with the RC4 build so if no issues come up it will be just fixing up some visuals which can be issued as a hotfix to bring it up to release.

I am handling the D2G work myself so I am more comfortable with testing it and then releasing it myself. Last thing I would want is anyone to brick their phones. Been there and done that a couple of times now...

Anyone have any issues with RC4 so far? Seems like good feedback has been coming in so we are close to final :)

Reaction score
RC4 is perfect its how the D2G should be released

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have not tried it...not into benchmarking myself either. The only differences in the ROM are the app folder, where all the apps that come with ROM are stored and the framework folder. When I can I will look into it.

Do you know if there's anything different in the graphics capabilities between your build and the OEM ROM? In watching my phone while running the Quadrant Standard benchmarks, it seems that my phone is testing out at much lower frames per second (FPS) on the last few 3D graphics benchmarks. I haven't seen above mid-20's in the FPS on any of the tests, whereas on stock shipping ROM I saw quite a bit higher. Ironically, my "overall" Quadrant test score is higher than stock, but it seems graphics my have taken a hit. Again, this is a synthetic benchmark, and the phone does seem faster with the Fission ROM in real world use, but I don't do a whole lot of gaming (where the GPU speed would matter more). Have you noticed anything like this? Could it just be an issue with that particular benchmark?

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Cool Thanks for clearing up the install script thing haha just wanted to make sure I was current. This keeps getting better each release! Thanks again for your time...

jasonrhcastle

Reaction score
I can't get it to donwload through the lite version of Fission ROM Manager (I donated earlier, and have upgraded to full yet) or through the website.

Any ideas?

J

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I can't get it to donwload through the lite version of Fission ROM Manager (I donated earlier, and have upgraded to full yet) or through the website.

Any ideas?

J

Why cant you get it to download, what is going? Does it say error 404 or something?

jasonrhcastle

Reaction score
Yes, sorry. From lite ROM manager, error 404. From webpage, states that download page doesn't exist.

J

jasonrhcastle

Reaction score
Thanks. Hadn't done that yet. Must have missed update. Was still on 1.1. Will try that now.

J

wilboy

Reaction score
Fixed...Thanks.
No problem!!:)

@Angdroid...you know what?I have had 2 Gallery now,one is stock and a Film Gallery..I've make mine the "Film Gallery" as my default Gallery(it's nice man!).One more thing is The Market,i like the other one in RC3 compare to RC4(stock default) but overall man..It's working good!Thanks man!! ;)

Last edited:
OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Fixed...Thanks.
No problem!!:)

@Angdroid...you know what?I have had 2 Gallery now,one is stock and a Film Gallery..I've make mine the "Film Gallery" as my default Gallery(it's nice man!).One more thing is The Market,i like the other one in RC3 compare to RC4(stock default) but overall man..It's working good!Thanks man!! ;)

Thanks!

I will add packages for the different galleries in a bit...been working on this stuff since like 9 AM and beat...need to recharge with some grub :)

The "fancier" market was giving me problems so I went back to old one for now

waynebunch

Reaction score
Works Great

First Andriod, Easy install.. I'm loving it, works great in Italy!